cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 1345425 - Skip Import and auto Activation feature for XI transports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we would like to transport PI objects form Directory and Repository via CTS. Now the problem is, the CTS will activate all objects automatically.

I found note "1345425 - Skip Import and auto Activation feature for XI transports" We set com.sap.aii.ibdir.core.transport.autoActivation.showFlag and com.sap.aii.ibdir.core.transport.autoActivation.default to false and in the TMS log the message u201EAutomatic activation of the changelist (Id= e9642ee51a8911e1821d0000005792f2) failed.u201C was gonne.

But the system was trying again the activation of the objets from the change list:

Exception during deploy:com.sap.aii.ibtransportclient.XiTransportException:

ClientServerException exception:

Check 0: FINEST Activation of the change list canceled

Check 1: FINE [], [Check result for Communication Channel XXX_100 File_Empfaengerkanal_TRANSPORT_TEST (DirContext):

Enter a value for attribute Target Directory

Enter a value for attribute Server

If the Communication Channel is available the activation works and overwrites the existing productional channgel with test data.

How we can prevent the overwriting, or what is the correct method to transport Directory and Repository entries via CTS+.

Kind regards

René Schulz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rene,

We had the same problem. The solution was we developed a custom program that can retrieve all the channel parameters and store it in a csv file using the Dir API. This way we retrieved all the channel parameter and values except for the password (Dir API does not allow you read the password. You need to fill this in manually in the csv file). Then it was simple to import the changes and run the program again and use the values from the csv file to update them.

This is not a very straight forward out of the box solution but has saved us a lot of time.

Thanks

Jai

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is, that the change request activates automatically all objects. The customer like to check this before he activate it manually. I've created a cal to SAP to check my parameters.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/14/b4ede1ccd54726bf242559ab0e6709/frameset.htm discribes what objects will not transported (nonTransportable), and it is clear so far. But we don't know why the object form the change list will activated automatically.

Thanks also for the Idea for the work arround with the csv-file. I will wait for SAP Support...

0 Kudos

Hi Rene,

we found the same error for our PI 7.3 development system.

Have you get any response of your SAP call?

It seems that this is a technical bug in the new PI release of PI 7.3, because while deploying the pi ojects, the system can't divided ESR and Directory objects.

Thanks,

Dennis

Former Member
0 Kudos

sry, not yet.... but I will update the status here if I have a solution for this..

I fiound an additionally curious error; if I transport more change lists in different transports via CTS+ it will always try to import to the same import change list ID. Is this a feature?

And also the refresh button for the change list seach don't works...

0 Kudos

Hi Rene,

this is a feature for using CTS+ (until PI 7.11 SP6)for the Integration Directory. Every imported transport with integration directory objects have to be transfered form service user "NWDI_CTSADM" to your own dialog user. After this you can importing the next transport.

Thanks for status update. I hope we will get a solution as soon as possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis, but the problem is, the objects form other transports will not merged to the open change list, the import fails and I have to activate every transport step by step. I can not import more then one transport at the same time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rene,

did you find a solution to this issue? I have the same problem in a 7.31 system.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

pls try com.sap.aii.ibdir.core.ctstransport.autoActivation.default with value false as String instead of Boolean

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1805662 - PI Communication Channel CTS+ transport error: Enter a value for attribute

irshad_akram
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Jon!

Added below  parameter  in Java System propertied under XPI Service:All Config Service to make it work.

com.sap.aii.ibdir.core.ctstransport.autoActivation.default = false 

Regards

Irshad Akram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

We ran into that problem as well.

We found that implementing the parameter

com.sap.aii.ibdir.core.ctstransport.autoActivation.default = false solved the problem

string or boolean doesn´t seem to matter

0 Kudos

i was missing the same problem, i transport PI ID objects from DEV to QAS then PRD.

DEV to QAS is ok, but QAS TO PRD is error(check 0, finest activation of the change list canceled).

then i checked the parameter com.sap.aii.ibdir.core.ctstransport.autoActivation.default  in dev/qas/prd, the parameter of  dev and qas are all set to false,but the prd is set to true, so i set the parameter to false.it is ok.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When Transporting the objects using CTS+ it will automatically activate the ESR objects, but IR objects will not be activated as we need to provide required Communication Channel details and activate them manually.

If i understood correctly you said it is activating both of them, if that is the case then there is something wrong in CTS+ as far as i know by default ESR objects are activated automatically not the IR.

If there is already the CC available it will delete all the existing values and expect you to enter new/prod values, two things you can do

May be this is not the solution you are expecting but my two cents...

1) Don't export the CC when you know that CC is already existing and didn't go thru any changes.

2) while Activating reject changes for CC by this way you will have the previous values in the CC.

Thanks...

Karna....