cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install SUP 2.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had a previous version of SUP installed in my system, I am trying to install SUP 2.1 PD now. I have uninstalled the previous version and now trying to install SUP 2.1. However when i run the installer, it gives me a error message, and I am unable to proceed further with the wizard.

The installer detects an existing installation of Sybase Messaging Server.

Uninstall it before proceeding with Sybase Unwired Platform Runtime installation

I have uninstalled the previous versions and no entry of it exists in the system. Unable to solve this issue. Please Suggest!!

Regards,

Priya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

if you did not uninstall the previous version properly...you need to format the machine,

Did u restart the machine after uninstalling the SUP??

Thanks & Regards

SAKET

0 Kudos

Hi,

You can clean the existing available instances of MEssaging Server and Advantage DB.

To remove messaging server:

goto regedit.exe in Run

If your machine is 32 bit then go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall{842350D6-A3B6-4B06-AE3F-4EAC952E7E8C}

Add new String value key i.e. "DisplaName" and enter value as "Sybase Messaging Server"

If you machine is 64 bit then goto

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall{842350D6-A3B6-4B06-AE3F-4EAC952E7E8C}

Add new String value key i.e. "DisplaName" and enter value as "Sybase Messaging Server"

Then go to Add/Remove programs and uninstall Sybase Messaging Server.

To remove Advantage DB:

You can simply remove it from Add/Remove programs.

If you are not installing using setup.exe then please always install using right click "Run As Administrator" option.

Regards,

Abhishek Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried that then also faced the same error related to Messaging Server.

Regards,

Tapan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tapan,

I can confirm that the same thing happened to me too. So, the only solution was to reinstall windows. Anyway, I can make a supposition about what caused the problem: I think that i've runed the unistaller without stopping the Unwired Platform Services.

Maria

Edited by: Maria Sulea on Jan 13, 2012 2:42 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I faced the same problem to install SUP 2.0 from last 14 days but still didn't get any solutions.

I deleted all registry related to Sybase and also try to install only Messaging server from Installation setup but its didn't work.

If you have any solutions or tips related to this thread then please share with us.

Regards,

Tapan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm having problems installing SUP2.0.

When running the setup.exe I get the following message:

"Error occured during installation.

*null"

Did anyone had this problem or know how to fix it?

I mention that I had installed SUP2.1 before this, I uninstalled it, but the uninstall didn't worked properly (I still have Sybase directory on my PC, with an Uninstallers subdirectory, but when I run the uninstaller I get the message:

"could not install engine jar", but java is installed on my computer)

Thanks in advance!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Clear your %temp% & user temp directory. Also try restarting the machine once all the directories are cleared and then start the installation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunatelly the solution didn't worked; i still cannot install SUP 2.0:( Any other idea?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria ,

You can try to remove the Sybase installation from the Control Panel-> add/remove programs. What i experienced is that the uninstallers with sybase sup are not very good as they dont clean the entire system, sometimes the services remain behind, i faced the same error as u did and i had to manually go and remove all entries from system registry and also remove the folders manually, its a tedious task. After you have cleaned the system yourself you can try to re-install. Hope this helps!

Regards,

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pryia,

Thank you for the reply. I have tryed to to uninstall using Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel but I couldn't find the software in the list. So, I applied, the last solution: reinstalled windows and now it works.

I want to mention that before this I tryed the following and no one didn't worked

1. Run the Sybase Uninstaller - without success

2. Empty %temp% from users location and from Windows - without success

3. Delete all entries related to Sybase from regedit - without success

4. Ran a Windows cleaner - without success

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

In case next time you got the same error:

"Error occured during installation.

*null"

You can actually try to right click on your setup.exe, and Run as Administrator, then I believe the error will gone because I experience the same thing here.

Regards,

Edison Wang

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can see that all the services are removed and all entries in the registry referring to Sybase are also removed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have removed all Services entry related to Sybase, also checked the system Registry, removed the keys related to sybase under software and services sub options. Now in services list it doesnt show any service related to Sybase. Please let me know if you are aware of any more references to sybase in the system registry.

Regards,

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Goto regedit and then select computer and find ith sybase and delete if necessary.Thanks.