cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Lock an entire Project in Solution Manager ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to lock our project baseline in Solution Manager. I have locked at the highest structure node, but have noticed that there are lock options on each business process and/or process step and they are 'unlocked' even though I locked the highest level node in the business process hierarchy. Surely I don't have to individually lock each one. Any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

goto solar_project_admin tcode

choose your project and goto change mode

goto scope tab Chosse the tick Edit Structure

if you also want to lock maintenance of admin tab etc then you can choose the second tick also

this will disable changes in solar01 for project hierarchy creation.

Hope it resolves ur query

regards

prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

I'm trying to lock down an entire project. I've checked the Edit Structures and Edit Structures, Change Documents and Administration Tab. However my users are still able to add\link new documents to a node.

Am I missing anything here?

Cheers

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

I prefer to create authorization roles for each project:

- admin role (solar_project_admin)

- solar01  ->  change    and   solar01 -> read only

- solar02  ->  change    and   solar02 -> read only

If the content of a project should be frozen, the authorizations roles for the users will be adjusted.

Regards

Horst

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Horst,

However I believe this is an overhead for the security team as every time a new project is created a new set of roles will need to be created.

The solution mentioned by Prakhar will lock the structure however it doesnt prevent team members to add documents on to a node. If a project was shutting down, then this is a risk as people could sneak in documents into the structures without the project having any visibility of this. I want to lock it down completely.

Any idea?

Cheers

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jansi has pointed out a way to lock an entire project but I'm afraid its very manual and time consuming. But it works!

http://scn.sap.com/message/13662357#13662357

Answers (0)