cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Error while Reindexing?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

while reindexing i'm getting this error Operation failed Could not acquire central lock (after several retries)..

SAP EP7.0 SP19 and implement the web Dispatcher (DMZ).

Search working fine previously but created some news in KM today but that news wouldn't get indexed. so i plan to reindex, that time getting error Operation failed Could not acquire central lock (after several retries)..

I checked in TREX mointoring Status be green. Please provide any idea regarding this

Regards

Thillai J

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rather than reindexing, you need to check the index and see if there are any failures. That would be like preparation failure, transmission failure etc... then you can reset the failure and it would try to index only those particular news items.

Regards,

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

I checked in the Trex Mointor --> Display Queues in the Preparation and Transmission Failed column be 0.

Regards

Thillai J

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

@Mahesh: The error described is an error on portal, not on Trex side.

@Thillai: The problem is acquiring a lock for the KMC Task Queue. In the default trace, you should see the error including one or more stack traces. Anyhow, the first shot would be to restart the portal completely, chances are not so bad that this might help. If the problem occurs again after that, please check the default trace and send the details from there.

Hope it helps

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Forgot to ask you a question. Was there any KM deployments done recently? like KM service or anything else which normally requires a server restart ?

If so please restart the server... all the instances.

Regards,

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Detlev,

Thanks for your reply.I couldnt able to open Index Mointoring page and also i checked in Trex Mointoring --> Display Queue 4 count in Ok column other column be 0

In the particular KM folder totally 7 news created. Last week 4 news created that items are indexed properly, yesterday 3 more news created then these items status are Index Information Status of resource : No information available.

when i search from particular Index ID its showing only 4 items and getting 2 error in Default Trace.

Full Message Text

=======================

Could not acquire central lock (after several retries) - com.sapportals.wcm.WcmException: Could not acquire central lock (after several retries)

at com.sapportals.wcm.service.taskqueue.TaskQueue$Lock.lock(TaskQueue.java:332)

at com.sapportals.wcm.service.taskqueue.TaskQueue$Lock.writeLock(TaskQueue.java:300)

at com.sapportals.wcm.service.taskqueue.TaskQueue.writeLock(TaskQueue.java:474)

at com.sapportals.wcm.service.taskqueue.TaskQueue.get(TaskQueue.java:125)

at com.sapportals.wcm.service.taskqueue.TaskQueueReader.get(TaskQueueReader.java:68)

at com.sapportals.wcm.service.taskqueue.TaskQueueReader.get(TaskQueueReader.java:58)

at com.sapportals.wcm.service.indexmanagement.TaskQueueReaderTask.run(TaskQueueReaderTask.java:54)

at com.sapportals.wcm.service.scheduler.SchedulerEntry.run(SchedulerEntry.java:174)

at com.sapportals.wcm.service.scheduler.crt.PoolWorker.run(PoolWorker.java:108)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:770)

Full Message Text

=====================

Could not acquire central lock (after several retries) com.sap.engine.frame.core.locking.LockException: Cannot lock [2011100119441619800000Itsusraepp1.jnj.com..........8615050, KMC_TQ_QUEUE, IndexmanagementService, X]; it is in use by the same owner. In case of lock mode "R" the lock propagation failed, because the optimistic lock is gone.

at com.sap.engine.core.locking.impl3.LockingManagerImpl.lockInternal(LockingManagerImpl.java:263)

at com.sap.engine.core.locking.AbstractLockingManagerImpl.lock(AbstractLockingManagerImpl.java:423)

at com.sap.engine.services.applocking.AbstractBaseLocking.lockInternal(AbstractBaseLocking.java:133)

at com.sap.engine.services.applocking.LogicalLockingImpl.lock(LogicalLockingImpl.java:43)

at com.sap.engine.services.applocking.NamespaceLogicalLockingImpl.lock(NamespaceLogicalLockingImpl.java:47)

at com.sap.engine.services.applocking.LogicalLocking_Stub.lock(LogicalLocking_Stub.java:65)

at com.sapportals.wcm.service.taskqueue.TaskQueue$Lock.lock(TaskQueue.java:323)

at com.sapportals.wcm.service.taskqueue.TaskQueue$Lock.writeLock(TaskQueue.java:300)

at com.sapportals.wcm.service.taskqueue.TaskQueueReader.get(TaskQueueReader.java:68)

at com.sapportals.wcm.service.taskqueue.TaskQueueReader.get(TaskQueueReader.java:58)

at com.sapportals.wcm.service.indexmanagement.TaskQueueReaderTask.run(TaskQueueReaderTask.java:54)

at com.sapportals.wcm.service.scheduler.SchedulerEntry.run(SchedulerEntry.java:174)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:770)

predecessor system

com.sap.engine.frame.core.locking.LockException: Cannot lock [2011100119441619800000Itsusraepp1.jnj.com..........8615050, KMC_TQ_QUEUE, IndexmanagementService, X]; it is in use by the same owner. In case of lock mode "R" the lock propagation failed, because the optimistic lock is gone.

at com.sap.engine.core.locking.impl3.LockingManagerImpl.lockInternal(LockingManagerImpl.java:263)

at com.sap.engine.core.locking.AbstractLockingManagerImpl.lock(AbstractLockingManagerImpl.java:423)

at com.sap.engine.services.applocking.AbstractBaseLocking.lockInternal(AbstractBaseLocking.java:133)

at com.sap.engine.services.applocking.LogicalLockingImpl.lock(LogicalLockingImpl.java:43)

at com.sap.engine.services.applocking.NamespaceLogicalLockingImpl.lock(NamespaceLogicalLockingImpl.java:47)

at com.sap.engine.services.applocking.LogicalLocking_Stub.lock(LogicalLocking_Stub.java:65)

at com.sapportals.wcm.service.taskqueue.TaskQueue$Lock.lock(TaskQueue.java:323)

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thillai,

You have not written if you have restarted the server already?! If not, this is still measure #1...

Nevertheless, the stack traces give the insight I was looking for; but I'm not sure if this really makes it easier to track it down. So please first check if a cluster restart might do the trick.

Hope it helps

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Although the question was posted a couple years ago, I think it will be helpful for somebody: I faced the same problem today on a SAP NW 7.3 portal. As a restart of the cluster didn't help, I found the solution at <server>:<port>/nwa/locks. There was a lock with the name KM_TQ_QUEUE. After removing ("Remove Lock" button) the reindexing was possible again.

Regards,

Artem

Answers (0)