cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location of the upload files.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi SAP Expert,

currently i just finished installed my SAP Easy DMS to my laptop and connect to my IDES EHP4 Server, i haven't install any content server, but i managed to upload my doc file to the SAP Easy DMS.

my question is where can i find the physical file that i upload via Easy DMS to IDES Server? i RDC to the server and using search function but can't find the doc that i upload, thanks.

Regards

Hariyono

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hariyono Yang

currently i just finished installed my SAP Easy DMS to my laptop and connect to my IDES EHP4 Server, i haven't install any content server, but i managed to upload my doc file to the SAP Easy DMS

You mean to say you have create DIR using SAP Easy DMS and attached files ( Word or Excel file) to the created DIR.

If you have attached files, it must have prompted you to select storage category whcih checkin of Files.

Either you must ave selected DMS_C1_ST or Vault which are standard in IDES server.

So whenever you check in files using KPRO it get stored in content server.

Please correct me if I have interpreted it correctly.

Also please let us know what are you trying to achive where the files are stored.

With warm Regards

Mangesh Pande

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Mangesh Pande,

ur correct, i have choose the "DMS_C1_ST" via easy dms, but i'm not installing any content server yet, that's why i wonder where the file will store to?

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Table DRAW holds the filepath in field FILEP in your case.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you are not using content server you can find the required information in following SAP tables.

DRAW - Document Info Record

DRAT - Texts for Document Info Records

DRAZ - Table for Additional Files for DMS Originals

DRAO - Originals for documents

Hope this is useful.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Deepak Kori,

unfortunately the table you give doesn't give me any information about physical path for the document that i upload previously.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hariyono,

By the process adapted by you, nothing has got stored in the sap database. Hence nothing can be viewed in the sap database.

your file will be local to your desktop.

Before you proceed,propose you evaluate the storage option that you intend to use.Going by the volume of existing documents that you intend to push into DMS,as well as in future,for a high performance SAP architecture, it is recommended that you choose kPro as a storage option as against SAP DMS DB as proposed by you. If there are only a few documents/files of small size, then SAP DMS DB can be considered.

For details on kPro and setting up a content server, refer http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/16/ce71403017587ee10000000a155106/frameset.htm

as well as the forum search.

Hope this is useful.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Deepakkori,

using the tcode kpro i manage to find the cont rep

Category DMS_C1_ST

Description Default storage DMS (main files)

Document Area DMS

Content Rep. DMS_C1

DMS_C1 DMS SAP System Database 0045 Database storage documents

Phys. path E:\usr\sap\DEV\SYS\global\

but how come even i managed to upload my file into DMS_C1_ST, still in E:\usr\sap\DEV\SYS\global\ there is no file added there?

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hariyono,

DMS_C1

DMS

SAP System Database

Database storage documents

Phys. path E:\usr\sap\DEV\SYS\global\

Based on your inputs above for content repository DMS_C1, data will be stored in SAP standard table SDOKCONT1.

We have following storage types available in SAP DMS

01 FTP storage system

02 CD ROM

03 SAP System Database

04 HTTP content server

05 Structure storage system

06 RFC archive

07 RPC archive

08 FILE archive

09 Logical Repository

Entry in physical path will have significance only when we go with "File Archive" or "FTP Storage " option.

Hope this is useful.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

0 Kudos

Dear Deepak,

Based on your info,

there is an option 'FTP storage system'  in storage type DMS (Tcode : OAC0)

but i can't find it in my server.

Please help me how to show this option in storage type..

Best Regards,

Anastasius T.