cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using MOPZ to get the Side effects report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I would like to how to get the 'Side Effects' report from MOPZ transaction from SOLMAN.

I'm new to SOLMAN hence please guide me on the same.

Earlier I used to get the same from the Market Place and from EHP onwards it's asking us to use SOLMAN to get the same.

We are in the process of upgrading our BW system from 7.0 to 7.3 and I would like to know the side effects of different patch levels of 7.3 version.

Is it possible to get this without importing the SP in the SOLMAN or we will get it once after implementing the respective Support Packages?

Please guide me...

Murali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Private_Member_739866
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Please follow the below steps

Go to Tcode > SOLMAN_WORKCENTER > CHANGE MANAGEMENT > CREATE NEW MAINTENANCE TRN. > SELECT SYSTEM > CHOOSE OPTION MAINTENANCE > Calculate whole constellation for a specific system > in the step IMPLEMENT you will get option to download SIDE EFFECT REPORT [Please see below screen shot] > Click on Submit button and then you will get an email with SIDE EFFECT REPORT FROM SAP [SAP Uses email ID which was linked in Suser and Suser which was linked with Solution Manager]

Thanks and Regards,

PARAMVIRSINH JETAWAT

SAP BASIS CONSULTANT

gammarayburst
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

(I know this thread is old, but still relevant, so allow me a little annotation)

You can view the assigned S-User in SolMan transaction AISUSER.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you will download packages through MOPZ. Then during phase where you will confirm all packages there it will show you the option to get side effect report.

SAP NW 7.0 to SAP NW 7.3 is major release upgrade. So, there will be lot of changes between the two releases.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

Will this download causes any issues in the system? It will not right? as it will only does during the implementation only right?

Also without downloading ..we cant be able to get these reports as it is case in the SMP.

Please clarify..

Murali

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It would not cause any issue in the system. You are not implementing anything. You just downloading side effect report.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please help me with the path for doing this? as for MOPZ I'm new..

Many thanks ..

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In order to configure MOPZ or how to download it, refer How to install EHP4 guide on http://service.sap.com/erp-ehp.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Check this link also:

Maintenance Optimizer can be configured with following steps:

Check if the besic maintenance optimizer note has been applied.

1. Define the system in SMSY

2. create a logical component and add the system to logical component.

3. Create a solution in DSWP, and add the system in the solution landscape.

4. Run DSWP transaction - > select the solution -> go to change management and create maintenance optimzer button and then folllow the screen.

http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/8339346/2106126736/name/HowtoConfigureMaintenanceOptimizertoUseSoftwareLifecycle+Manager.pdf

Hope it will help.

Regards,

Sunny