cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installer has detected that a previous operation did not complete.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm getting following error message while installing Information Steward 4.0 SP1.

Installer has detected that a previous operation did not complete. Do you want to resume?'

I guess this is due to the partial install that did not complete previously. I tried deleting the Information Steward folder from Program files and also relevant registry keys but that didn't resolve this issue.

As a last resort, I renamed InstallData folder in C drive but while installing IS it is not detecting already installed BI4 Platform and Data Services. Is there solution for this?? I don't want to corrupt my BI4 Platform and DS installation.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184594
Active Contributor

I had the same problem a while ago. I solved this by

1. Go to folder C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\InstallData

2. Under this file you'll find "InstallManifest.sqlite" file. You need to open this file through SQLite editor. You can download it https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/sqlite-manager/ as an add-on to your firefox.

3. There are 13 tables in this database. Go to "DUTransaction" table. You will see "Committed" column change the value if there is any zero 0 value to 1.

4. Save and close the file.

5. Restart your installation.

This should solve your problems.

basisteam_uol
Explorer
0 Kudos

The solution is correct, resolved my problem.

hans_segers
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

see SAP KB 1630195 - BO BI 4.0 Support Pack or Patch Installation:The installation program has detected that a previous operation was not completed. Would you like to continue?

former_member181999
Contributor
0 Kudos

This is very cool! Thank you Zahid Yener,

I was progressing with BODS installation since couple of day. and unfortunately stuck due to this error.

Your solution have help me very much and saved my work. Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solution worked well. Installed started again. thanks for your post.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its working for me,Thanks Zahid

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

elugari
Explorer
0 Kudos

You are the man. Solved the issue like a treat!!!! I should buy you a coffee or a beer depending your choice!!!!!!

0 Kudos

Perfect. I used DB Browser (SQLite) to edit the value. Initially it was giving read-only DB error but once I used Run as Administrator then DB browser allow me to update and after setting to 1, it worked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zahid.

Same thing is happening with me while installing the SAP Crystal Report 2013.
And i have tried the solution you mentioned but not working.
Please Help.

Regards

Navneet Nandan Jha

Former Member
0 Kudos

To download SQLite Editor - Windows

http://sourceforge.net/projects/sqlitebrowser/