Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB CHECK not working in db13 - MSSQL 2005

jorge_velasquez
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to schedule DBCHECK in DB13 but does not work and shows the following message:

• SQL Job information ******************************

Jobname: SAP CCMS Check Database PRD [20111219134158-1-134158]

No Corresponding Job history. Either the job is currently

running or job didn't run

• SQL Job Information ************************

Any clue?

Do I have to schedule this job via MSSQL Management Studio? I know how to create a job but not this one.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

周建华
Participant
0 Kudos

Do you Sloved?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Once if you can check corresponding logs in SQL Studio as well ?

SQL Server Management Studio -> SQL Server Agent -> Jobs --> Job Activity Monitor --> Double click on it

Just now I tried in my system, the corresponding job created in SQL Studio was 'SAP CCMS Check Database SID'.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

If nothing important is scheduled in DB13 yet then you may try to 'cleanup' the tables via the 'cleanup' button in DB13.

Then try to schedule an action, for e.g. CheckDB.

Thanks

jorge_velasquez
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I tried the clean up option but shows this message:

"This option is not available for MS SQL server systems"

How I can create this job in MSSQLServer?

Regards.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

For scheduling db check using db13

You use the DBA Planning calendar to schedule the database consistency check on SAP database. A database consistency check performs a thorough check of the entire database. It examines all tables in the database to find out whether index and data pages are correctly linked and indexes are sorted in ported order.

This feature is only available if the user has sysadmin privileges or has impersonate permission as dbo.

Procedure

1. Schedule the database consistency check in the DBA Planning Calendar.

2. In the Action column, select Check Database Consistency.

There are no parameters to select for this action.

You can also set this action as a recurring job with the recurrence tab strip.

3. When the check has completed, check if it has finished successfully in the DBA Planning Calendar. If it is highlighted in red, there are inconsistencies or errors were generated during the check. For more information about the errors, double-click the task.

The program log contains additional information about the task.

· Error messages for the DBCC check are also written to the file

Program Files Microsoft SQL ServerCCMS_CHECKDB_HIST_xxxx.TXT (where xxxx stands for the current year).

If errors occurred, check this file since it contains all messages generated and is easier to read than the list of errors in the DBA Planning Calendar.

The user (job owner) with sysadmin privileges can write the ouput of the DBCC Check to the CCMS_CHECKDB_HIST_xxxx.TXTin the file system.

For DBCCCheckdb jobs scheduled in local systems, the following applies: if the user has only impersonate permissions for remote systems and if there are errors in the DBCC Check output, only some of the errors are written to the job log. In this case, the status of the job is set to failure. If the job is not successful and the DBCC Check output is not written to the CCMS_CHECKDB_HIST file, you must run the DBCC Checkdb command in the SQL Server Management Studio Query Window to obtain the complete output of the DBCC Checkdb statement. For more information about the command, see SAP note 142731.

● Some error information is also recorded in the Windows Error Log. To locate the information in the log, look for SQL Server and SQL Executive entries made at the time the task ran.

For deleting the jobs from planning calender

=================================

Procedure

1. Call the DBA Cockpit and choose Jobs ® DBA Planning Calendar in the navigation frame of the DBA Cockpit.

2. Double-click a calendar cell or position the cursor on a calendar cell and choose Delete.

A dialog box appears with a list of all actions to be deleted. You can delete only a single occurrence of a recurring action or all occurrences.

3. To delete an action, choose Delete.

Hope this is useful.

Regards,

Deepak Kori