cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADS Configuration Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

As I am in Configuration Phase of ADS for ECC 6.0 EHP5,I did this as per Guided Procedure of SAP.

While Configuring RFC Connection for ADS I am unable to enter the following in Path Prefix as "/AdobeDocumentServices

/Config?style=rpc".

While Checking the URL as "http://HOSTNAME:51200/AdobeDocumentServices/Config?style",I am getting the following error:-

503 Service Unavailable

SAP J2EE Engine

Application cannot be started.

Details: com.sap.engine.services.deploy.container.ExceptionInfo: Application com.adobe/AdobeDocumentServices cannot be

started. Reason: it has hard reference to resource com.adobe~FontManagerService with type service, which is not active on

the server.

While I have tried to start the Adobe Font Manager Services from Visual Administrator,but not able to start it.

While trying to change the Security Policy of ADSUSER in UME,which is showing me Disabled.

While trying to execute the report "FP_TEST_00" in SA38,I got the following error as:

ADS:SOAP Runtime Exception:CSoapExceptionTransport :(100101)

Kindly help me regarding the same.

Thanks & Regards

Ajitabh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need not to activate font manager service to use ADS. I would suggest you to check all cases as mentioned in the SAP Note 944221 - Troubleshooting if problems occur in forms processing.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

While Testing the Web browser as:http://<server>:<port>/AdobeDocumentServices/Config,

I am getting error as:

Details:

com.sap.engine.services.deploy.container.ExceptionInfo: Application com.adobe/AdobeDocumentServices cannot be started. Reason: it has hard reference to resource com.adobe~FontManagerService with type service, which is not active on the server.

Is it Essential to install and Configure the Reader Rights Credential On the Cluster tab, As Server - > Services -> Document

Services Configuration in Visual Administrator and if yes,how to get the credentials for Configuring (P12 record for

ReadersRights) and what else needed for this?

As I have gone through the NOTE 944221,While Testing the report FP_TEST_00 I am getting error as:

ADS: SOAP Runtime Exception: CSoapExceptionTransport :(100101)

Message no. FPRUNX001

While Testing the Program FP_PDF_TEST_00(RFC connection to ADS),I am getting the error as:

SYSTEM ERROR: SOAP Framework error: SOAP Runtime Exception: CSoapExceptionTransport : HTTP send returned with status code (100.101)

While Testing Interactive forms: program FP_TEST_IA_01 (credential test) I got the error as:

SYSTEM ERROR: SOAP Framework error: SOAP Runtime Exception: CSoapExceptionTransport : HTTP send returned with status code (100.101).

While Testing RFC Connection for ADS in SM59(Connection Type G):

I am getting the follwing status:

Detail VALUE

Status HTTP Response 503

Status Text Service Unavailable

Duration Test Call 17 ms

And Please let me know which Services must be activated in SICF for ADS?

KIndly Help me out Guys.

Thanks & Regards

Ajitabh

Edited by: jitu001 on Jan 2, 2012 1:15 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I understand, your ADS service itself is currently not up on the Java side.

Hence first, please fix the ADSUSER related authorization issue. Check Hemanth's post for the steps.

After the authorization issue is fixed, check if the Adobe service is up - the SM59 RFC would work then.

If the RFC works fine, follow the note mentioned by Sunny step-by-step.

Adobe reader rights are essential for Adobe interactive forms. Check Note 736902 in order to obtain credentials from SAP.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did the steps as told by Hemant in my Visual Administrator for ADS Services.

As I am unable to start the services in Deploy->>server->> EJB Container->>com.adobe/AdobeDocument services in Visual

Administrator.And As i sent before my RFC Connection status for ADS is :

Status HTTP Response 503

Duration Test Call 16 ms

As I have checked E:\usr\sap\SID\SYS\global\AdobeDocumentServices\TrustManagerService\trust\credentials directory,which

is empty.

So kindly tell me how to get Credential?

Kindly help me out.

Thanks & Regards

Ajitabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The credentials can be obtained by creating an OSS message to SAP Support on the component BC-SRV-FP-ICF as mentioned in SAP Note 736902.

But credentials are required only if Adobe Interactive forms are used. Only reading/printing would not need credentials. Hence, I feel the credentials might not be the only issue preventing the service to start.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My Issue is not yet resolved.I dont know the Licensing Policy of ADS and while Testing the Web browser as:http://<server>:<port>/AdobeDocumentServices/Config:-

I am getting error as:

Details:

com.sap.engine.services.deploy.container.ExceptionInfo: Application com.adobe/AdobeDocumentServices cannot be started. Reason: it has hard reference to resource com.adobe~FontManagerService with type service, which is not active on the server.

As i saw in Visual Administrator->>Monitoring->>Services->>State:(You are Operating outside your Agreement.You require a License).

While I saw in Document Services License Services->>License Compliance->>Which is Showing me Green,As per the Guided

Procedure I have ticked the Column ->>This Server is Licensed for the use of SAP Interactive Forms by Adobe.

While Testing my ADS RFC Connection I am getting as:

Status HTTP Response 503

Duration Test Call 28 ms

As I have used my Service No as:5<J2EE Instance NO>00,

Path Prefix: /AdobeDocumentServices/Config?style=rpc

Logon Security->Basic Authentication->ADSUSER->PASSWORD

Why this Connection Test is showing me SERVICE UNAVAILABLE and HTTP Response as 503?

I did the steps as per your help guys,still I am Confused regarding my ADS Configuration.

Kindly help me out guys.

Thanks & Regards

Ajitabh

Edited by: jitu001 on Jan 3, 2012 12:51 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Running out of ideas here.

Although, sometimes my ADS issues have been resolved by assigning the Administrators role to the ADSUSER. I remember an SAP note saying the same too. I will have to dig for it.

As a test, I advise you to assign Administrators role to ADSUSER. Then the Font service hopefully should start thereby starting the dependent service as well.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikrishnan,

Thanks for your reply.

As per my System,My Administrator Role is- SAP_J2EE_ADMIN

I already have assigned the Administrator Role to the ADSUSER and ADS_AGENT.

But still not able to start the Adobe Font Service and getting the same issue.

Tell me one thing Do I have to Configure Printer,because As I can see there is only one by Default Printer which is LP01.

Kindly Help me out.

Thanks & Regards

Ajitabh

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Ajitabh,

Hope you are doing good.

Do check if the below note helps:

Note 1143584 - Service FontManagerService: Native files were not expanded

and try to start all applications using:

1. start the telnet admin tool

telnet <hostname> 5<instnum>08

2. logon using the J2EE Admnistrator user

3. lsc (to list the available servernodes)

4. jump <servernode> (usually jump 0)

5. add deploy

6. start_app -all

If the error still persists, you will need to deploy the latest patches for ADS.

http://service.sap.com/patches ->SAP NetWeaver and complementary products -> SAP NETWEAVER -> -> Entry by Component -> Adobe Document Services

Thank you and have a nice day :).

Kind Regards,

Hemanth

SAP AGS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemanth,

Thanks for your help.As I have checked the Note 1143584 - Service FontManagerService: Native files were not expanded

While trying to open E:\usr\sap\SID\JC12\j2ee\os_libs->>FontManagerService_native I am getting error as:-The archive is either unknown format or damaged.As per the Note 1143584:

Case of New Installation

Check ADS related native file.

/usr/sap/<SID>/<Instance>/j2ee/os_libs/FontManagerService_native.zip

If this file is exist, the fatal error message can be ignored.

Next restart of AS Java will expand necessary native zip files.

That means in my case I can ignore this message.

And I have started all applications using the commands which you have provided me in your last reply.

As I saw the ADSSAP components as of patch 7.02 SP9.

I am still getting error while trying the URL as :http://HOSTNAME:51200/AdobeDocumentServices/Config,The error is as:

If you need any log files please let me know.

Kindly help me out.

Thanks & Regards

Ajitabh

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Ajitabh,

Hope you are doing good.

Please do a force deployment of the SAPADS latest patch on the server.

Activate the JSPM force mode as mentioned in: SAP Note Number: 1123333.To make JSPM work in 'forced' and 'deploy all' mode, add the parameters in the JSPM config file(jspm_config.txt) located at \usr\sap\<sid>\J00\j2ee\JSPM\param\ jspm_config.txt.

This will start the JSPM and will forcefully overwrite all the existing ADS SDA files..

Kind Regards,

Hemanth

SAP AGS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemanth,

Thanks for replying me.

I have Redeployed ADSSAP Component as per the Note 1123333,It is completed but with Warning as:

Warning: Unsupported XML-element reading <fileset>

While trying to open the link:http://HOSTNAME:51200/AdobeDocumentServices/Config,I am getting the same Error as posted in

my last replies.

Kindly help me out regarding the same.

Thanks & Regards

Ajitabh

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Ajitabh,

Hope you are doing good.

Please refer the following note:

762882 fileNotFoundException: work/META-INF/null (No such file or) and <http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1690741> which deal with the same error.

If the error persists,try the below:

1)

Under cluster directory (/usr/sap/<SID>/JC<nr>/cluster) rename dispatcher folder to dispatcher.old.

Rename server0 and subsequent nodes to ".old" respectively. The intention here is to create a backup of the existing files.

Do not rename the bootstrap folder as this is needed for the sync proces.

2)

Change bootstrap.properties file to ensure it has element.resynch=force as per SAP note 710663.

3)

Restart the J2EE Engine. The new server folders should be created during the bootstrapping and this is a time consuming process as all the contents of the server nodes will be syched with the DB content.

4)

Remove the element.resynch=force property or change it to element.resynch=detect which is the default setting.

The most likely issue is that files are corrupt on the file system level which leads to the server node being in an inconsistent state. Do check if the error persists..

Kind Regards,

Hemanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing error in ADS Configuration.

I did All the steps which are here in my replies.

As I ran the report in SA38 as FP_PDF_TEST_00:

I got the following error messages as:

SYSTEM ERROR: SOAP Framework error: SOAP Runtime Exception: CSoapExceptionTransport : HTTP send returned with status code (100.101)

Exception of class CX_FP_RUNTIME_INTERNAL

While I ran the report as FP_TEST_00:

I got the error as:

ADS: SOAP Runtime Exception: CSoapExceptionTransport :(100101)

Message no. FPRUNX001

While I ran the report as FP_CHECK_DESTINATION_SERVICE

I got the error message as:

Exception of class CX_FP_RUNTIME_INTERNAL

While I ran the Tcode PC00_M40_F16

I am not able to view the print preview while printing the form

As my SPAD Configuration is :

Device Type :PDF1 :PDF ISO Latin-1 4.6D

Access Method: G

Host Printer:__DEFAULT

Kindly help me out regarding the same.

Thanks & Regards

Ajitabh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tested the 'FP_PDF_TEST_00' in se38 for adobe form connection.

it was showing SOAP error. I  tried with another userid it is working fine.

Kindly help why it is not working for specific userid. All configuration has done correctly. I have attached a image for further clarification.

It was urgent kindly reply to my mail id.

mailid: prasanna.gss@ttkprestige.com

vktprasanna11@gmail.com

Thanks,

Prasanna.S

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved to Adobe forum

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Thanks for moving this to Proper Forum.

Please Kindly help me out regarding this.

Thanks & Regards

Ajitabh

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Ajitabh

Hope you are doing good.

Regarding the error:

"

com.sap.engine.services.jmx.exception.JmxSecurityException: Caller <user> not authorized, only role administrators is allowed to access JMX "

Please logon to Visual Administrator and check if "<user ID>" belongs to administrator group and has the administrator role.

- Connect to Visual Administrator .

- Choose the Security Provider Service in the Visual Administrator, mark the first line ("SAP J2EE Engine") under components, and choose the security roles tab. In this view you can add / remove users or groups from the security roles.

Please refer to :

<http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/1e/975bf42fa017429baf3db82cfd4a45/frameset.htm>

Also do have a look at SAP Note No. 948970. If the error persists, do run the UME consistency tool as in the below note and make sure that all issues are repaired:

SAP Note No. 1016283: UME Consistency Check Tool (NW 7.0)

Kind Regards,

Hemanth

SAP AGS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Might need to check the error you get when starting com.adobe~FontManagerService.

Check the /usr/sap/<SID>/DVEB../j2ee/cluster/server0/logs for latest default traces and application logs. These should show the reason why FontManagerService fials to start.

Would recommend to check SAP Note 994351. Shows which services required to start ADS. Make sure all these are active.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikrishnan,

Thanks for your reply.As per your reply I am giving you the error log of Server0:

The error is: com.sap.security.core.wd.exception.UmeUiSecurityException: com.sap.engine.services.jmx.exception.JmxSecurityException: Caller ADSUSER not authorized, only role administrators is allowed to access JMX

Exception id: [14DAE9B58A9300610000000D00000E200004B54BE63FE547]#

And As per Note 994351 and as per my Question I am unable to start the services of com.adobe~FontManagerService,

And in Configtool it is set to Always in Startup Mode

And I have gone through the Notes:1587941,944221.

Kindly Help me regarding the same.

Thanks & Regards

Ajitabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jitu,

Please assign Group ADSCallers to your user "ADSUSER"

After that retry.

Regards,

Amit Barnawal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I have already Assisgned Group ADSCallers to user "ADSUSER".

Kindly Help me.

Thanks & Regards

Ajitabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear jitu,

Have you activated all the service in sicf required for ADS?

Regards,

Amit Barnawal