cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Stack Vs Dual Stack in Pi 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts.

I open this thread because I'd like to know your opinion about the newJava installation option in SAP PI 7.3. In previous realeses (7.0,7.1) I felt more comfortable and safe in abap stack and I'm a little afraid about working only with java stack.

I'd like to know advantages and disadvantages to choose java stack instead of dual stack, why you'd choose one of two options or both in your nexts customers.

Thank u so much and happy new year!!!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

search in sdn. many discussions available on same topic

http://help.sap.com/content/documentation/netweaver/ReleaseNotes_PI_730SP1_FINAL.pdf

Regards,

Raj

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Java Stack or Dual Stack in 7.3

Java Stack alone: Almost all standard adapters including HTTP, IDOC and Proxy are all available in this stack. you need to use Integrated Configuration object for this. You are basically going to use Advance Adapter engine alone for the entire processing.

Pros:

No persistance steps here. So you would improve performance many folds for sure.

Throughput is also improved very much.

since 7.3, Solution Manager is available for monitoring inaddition to RWB and NWA. So monitoring would not be issue.

If you are looking for real performance improvement, Single stack Java to go.

Cons:

Abap mapping is not supported.

Message split to multiple receivers are not completely supported.

BPM interfaces are not seamless migration here. SAP 7.1 and lower versions support BPEL wheras 7.3 supports BPMN standards. So you might have to tweak a bit to modify existing interfaces here

Dual Stack:

Your option is pretty open. If you need some specific interfaces to handle only java stack, still that is possible and increase the performance. Also if you have lot of existing interfaces that requires BPM interfaces, ABAP mapping , Multiple split /branching etc.

still dual stack is the better option now. Here developer decides according to the requirement.

Still safe mode is going for Dual Stack for now and change in the future to single java stack alone.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well,

we can discuss @ length the pros & cons of having Java/Abap stacks or having only Java stack.

But, as of my knowledge, from PI 7.3 EHP 1, there is no option of ABAP stack.

it is only java stack from 7.3.1.

If that is the case,

Then, only option, we have is to think of pros of java stack.

Pros of Java stack,

1)Improves the performance 4 times, compared to ABAP stack.

2)No Integration Engine, Only Advanced Adapter Engine.

3)I hv heard, something called SAP BPMN/BPM is replacing current BPM.

4)i assume, there would be no ABAP mapping.

5)Extensive usage of Integrated Configurations.

Any handson exprienced guys, pls share your experiences & correct me, if anything wrong above.

-santosh.