cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System is not allowing Inter company Plants in P O.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are facing much problem in invoice booking for inter company

transactions. System is not allowing to create purchase order for plant

to different company code having different company code currency.

example :

We have 2 Plants in 2 different Company Code.

e.g : A100 in Company Code A100 , currency is USD

Plant 2 : B100 in company code B100, currency is SAR.

Now I am creating P.O for Plant B100 for Company code A100. we are finding the message

" Please only Use Plants with Local Currency USD "

Message No. 06 166.

Could you advise on it.

Regards

Sunami

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Probably elementry, but in my experience you should use standard PO doc type "NB" for cross-border (or cross company codes) vs Stock Transport PO doc type "UB". Set up your sites as customers so that can be paid via intercompany billing, etc. In this case two seperate CoCodes and Currencies can be used.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SAP standard system and the error message 06166 is hard coded in the program and is not configurable as below.

LMEXFU31

lf_header_hwaer = ls_t001-waers.

clear ls_t001.

CALL FUNCTION 'FI_COMPANY_CODE_DATA'

EXPORTING

I_BUKRS = im_item_bukrs

IMPORTING

E_T001 = ls_t001

EXCEPTIONS

error_message = 1

OTHERS = 2.

lf_item_hwaer = ls_t001-waers.

if lf_header_hwaer ne lf_item_hwaer.

message e166(06) with lf_header_hwaer raising not_allowed.

endif.

In the PO, you can use only plants which have same local currency for the company code. You can use different company codes with the same currency. Unfortunately, the error cannot be configured as it is hard coded in the code.

The SAP system is able to process documents in different currencies. However, in ONE PO all plants must be assigned to company codes using the same local currencies, as internal calculations do require it.

Example:

One option you may consider is creating a contract with no plant specified , then upon creating the PO, enter company code of the plant. The contract currency will default over however, you can then go to header/details to change the currency of document to the plants currency.

Thanks & Regards

Sudhansu

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this simply means that all plants used in the item have to have the same currency as the company code specific in PO header.

But he probably entered the company code of the supplying plant in the header instead of the company code of his procuring plant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you elaborate something what for it is system design, is any legal or business exigencies.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now I am creating P.O for Plant B100 for Company code A100.

can you explain what this means?

on top you enter plant A100 as supplying vendor

in the header data you have B100 as your ordering company

and in the item you have B100 as your ordering plant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not a Stock transfer order, it is a standard order, it doesn't fall under any STO category.

Is any idea, these scenario was existing in our previous ERP , now with SAP it is not working.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can YOU explain why it doesn't fall under any STO category?

your subject says Intercompany.

What else is an intercompany scenario than STO?

do you base your opinion on the document type NB instead of UB?

see the docu here:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/4d/2b90dc43ad11d189410000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

it has all STO scenarios.

Is yours really not a STO?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Jurgen,

It can be a Inter company STO, that's how we are managing.

SAP has a provision of purchasing at a different company code for a GR belonging to other company code plant and while payment inter company clearing entry will close the Purchasing cycle. Provided they are of same company code currency.

Here in our business,

We have 2 Plants in 2 different Company Code.

e.g : A100 in Company Code A100 , currency is USD

Plant 2 : C100 in company code C100, currency is USD.

Now I am creating P.O for Plant C100 for Company code A100, with document type NB, it allows to book GR at C100 & subsequent activity .

But in my earlier case , when it is different company code it is not allowing.

Regards

Sunami

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now I am creating P.O for Plant C100 for Company code A100,

no your are creating a PO for plant C100 AT company A100, not for company A100.

I already told you that you enter the wrong content in your PO.

the company code is only in one field in a PO, at purchase order header below of purchasing org and purchasing group.

Here you have to enter the company code of the ordering plant. In your case A100.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

During STPO creation we put supplying plant and the system pickes the currency automatically from the related plant customer master.Check the company/plant currency if it is using local currency also check the exchange rate conversion rule through OB08.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if, the plant you are ordering for is linked to the Co. Code? Check in OX18.

Also, check you have exchange rates for the currency mentioned in the PO to the currency on your company? Check in OB08