Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CK24 with ML and inventory upload in previous period-costing release:C+811

bjoern_hansen1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we had a cutover issue, where I still dont get what went wrong. May be you can tell me:

- we have ML active (S-price and determination 3 - multi level)

- material master migration done

- MM period (MMPV) set to 1/2012

- inventory upload with 31.12.2011 (=12/2011)

- no material documents with financial impact in 1/2012 - only 16

movements with batch to batch

- 852 materials with inventory

- costing release ok for materials without inventory (CK40N/CK24)

- costing release error with C+811 for all materials with inventory (852)

OSS note Hinweis 574930 - Material Ledger Status zurücksetzen

was implemented.

Program ZCKML_RESET_STATUS_OF_PERIOD was executed, but all materials with

inventory are still on status 30.

However, the Z-program was not able to set the status back to 10 (from 30), so that release worked.

What we did at the end was book out all inventory (on batch level), ran then ZCKML_RESET_STATUS_OF_PERIOD - got status 10 for material and then released the costing. Then uploaded again the stock, where we got correctly inventory values according to migrated S-Price (in 12/2011) with also a price change document in 1/2012 according to difference S-price <> costed/released price. Then upload inventory again to 31.12.2011 (movement type 561).

Somehow the program was not willing to set status 10 in CKMLPP.... Here the status from OSS note:

Not defined '00'

New objects '01'

Period opened '10'

Price change completed '20'

Quantities and values entered '30'

Values entered '31'

Price determined single-level '40'

Price determined multi-level '50'

Closing entry reversed '60'

Closing entry performed '70'

My problem is: why was the costing release not possible? There were no movments of materials in 2012. We always will have this situation over month end:

- run MMPV

- release costing (with stock of course in the previous period)

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bjoern Hansen,

We faced a problem that using the program ZCKML_RESET_STATUS_OF_PERIOD, the system does not reset status of material from 30 to 10, even though there were not any good movements in the current period. Do you have any idea why it does not work?

BR,

Linh.

srinivasa_maruvada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The costing run is always for next period(s) and not for current period

So do first MMPV and then costing run then CK24, then creation production/process order.

Srinivas

bjoern_hansen1
Participant
0 Kudos

hm, this does not really answer my question....but raises new ones:

1. costing run in previous period, then MMPV in the next period, then mark+release -is that ok?

2. what happens, if a process order is created before release of the costing run, but not confirmed - is that a problem? Usually, MRP creates planned order days/weeks in advance, then creating PP/process orders can also be created a couple of days in advance (bofore period change), but I did not consider this as any problem (yet)...

srinivasa_maruvada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. costing run in previous period, then MMPV in the next period, then mark+release -is that ok?

No it is not OK: The sequence is MMPV-Costing Run-Price Release CK24-Creation of Production/Process Order

2. what happens, if a process order is created before release of the costing run, but not confirmed - is that a problem? Usually, MRP creates planned order days/weeks in advance, then creating PP/process orders can also be created a couple of days in advance (bofore period change), but I did not consider this as any problem (yet)...

Yes it is a problem : System picks the cost estimate of previous run an calculates

bjoern_hansen1
Participant
0 Kudos

to 1)

ok to one, so: costing + mark in old period, then MMPV + release in new period as job short after 0:00

to 2) PP is creating process orders far in advance. Sure the cost determination is then based on the old standard price, but this does not hurt, since a) we have automatic price determination with save of a process order, b) nobody is actually looking at the plan costs on orders currently, c) costing on PP orders can be done any time with mass processing, e.g. CO44

So I do not agree to your statement in 2

But my original issue is closed: first MMPV, then costing release

former_member253922
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The following could have been done:

1. Mark the Prices before start of period (in this case before 01-Jan-2012).

2. Execute MMPV to change the period

3. Release the Prices using TCode CKME (in this case before 01-Jan-2012).

4. After step 3, goods movement can happen; In your case upload of Material.

This is the usual procedure when ML is active.

When the goods movement has happened on 31-Dec-2011, system would have updated the tables for period relating to Jan-2012 also. Read Note 434873 which explains how system updates next period in tables.

In the case presented, this sequence was not followed. Material Upload was done before release. Hence, System updated the status to 30 which is correct.

Regards

Satya

bjoern_hansen1
Participant
0 Kudos

I asume MMPV as first step should also work?