Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when starting SAP Business One Integration Server Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a very urgent problem when installing B1iSN:

I'm installing B1iSN2007 for a customer (Windows server2008R2, SBO 8.8.1),

and at the beginning of the installation, after instaling the technology, I have an error,

The Tomcat server can't start.

I get the following error:

Windows could not start the SAP Business One Integartion service on Local Computer. For more Information, review the system 
event Log.If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code 0.

In the event viewer I didn't find any more details.

In the tomcat logs (Under SAP Business One Integration\B1iServer\tomcat\logs) I find this:

[2012-01-05 15:12:26] [info] Procrun (2.0.4.0) started
[2012-01-05 15:12:26] [info] Service Tomcat5 name SAP Business One Integration Service
[2012-01-05 15:12:26] [info] Service Tomcat5 installed
[2012-01-05 15:12:26] [info] Procrun finished.
[2012-01-05 15:12:26] [174  javajni.c] [error] The specified module could not be found.
[2012-01-05 15:12:26] [994  prunsrv.c] [error] Failed creating java ..\..\..\jdk1.5.0_xx_sap\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll
[2012-01-05 15:12:26] [1269 prunsrv.c] [error] ServiceStart returned 1
[2012-01-05 15:13:13] [174  javajni.c] [error] The specified module could not be found.
[2012-01-05 15:13:13] [994  prunsrv.c] [error] Failed creating java ..\..\..\jdk1.5.0_xx_sap\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll
[2012-01-05 15:13:13] [1269 prunsrv.c] [error] ServiceStart returned 1
[2012-01-05 15:15:27] [174  javajni.c] [error] The specified module could not be found.
[2012-01-05 15:15:27] [994  prunsrv.c] [error] Failed creating java ..\..\..\jdk1.5.0_xx_sap\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll
[2012-01-05 15:15:27] [1269 prunsrv.c] [error] ServiceStart returned 1

What is the problem? How can I fix it?

Thanks a lot

Chana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Trinidad
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Chana,

It seems java 1.5 is not installed in the needed folder.

Did you installed Java manually or was installed automatically by B1iSN?

Some othermessages in SDN are similar to yours:

Did you run the installer with administrator rights?

Maybe it is a 64 bits machine and there are some problems around it?

Regards,

Trinidad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Trinidad,

The customer has SQL2008, therefore, I have to provide paths to JDBC driver and JCE policy.

(sqljdbc_2.0.1803.100_enu.exe, jce_policy-1_5_0, are the versions OK?)

Do I need in addition to install Java seperately?

I run the installer as administrator , and with a user that has administrator rights?

The machine is a 64 bits, but I didn't see any other problems during the installation.

Thanks

Chana

Trinidad
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Chana,

EventSender and DIProxy work fine? If they don't work maybe you can have a look to their logs and you can find out something clearer there?

Have you checked whether the jvm.dll file is in the folder pointed by the logs? Do you have a java folder inside the SAP Business One Integration folder?

You can also run the file called java5w.exe and check the Java Virtual Machine path is correct and points to the java 1.5 version folder (tomcat5w.exe file is located at Program Files/SAP/SAP Business One Integration/B1iServer/tomcat/bin).

If you look at the properties in the Integration Service (services.msc), is it set to be run with the local system account?

Do you see there any property that could be blocking the service?

You can also have a look to the properties of the tomcat.exe file (right click on the file). You can try in the Compatibility tab to set the flag "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and then choose Windows XP.

Regards,

Trinidad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trinidad,

Thanks for your help!!!

I didn't install EventSender and DIProxy yet, I tried first to upload and deploy the zip files, but I couldn't open the Itegration Application Explorer.

The jvm.dll file is in in the folder pointed by the logs: C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\SAP Business One Integration\jdk1.5.0_xx_sap\jre\bin\server

and it is also in C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\SAP Business One Integration\jdk1.5.0_xx_sap_64\jre\bin\server

I tried running the file java5w.exe, but I got an error message:

Access is denied
Unable to open the service tomcat5

Thne I managed to open it by "rua as administrator".

the Java Virtual Machine path is points to the java 1.5 version folder.

Is it possible that the reason that the service can't start is related to administrator rigts??

In the properties in the Integration Service (services.msc):

It is set to be run with the local system account.

all other properties looks fine.

in the properties of the tomcat5.exe (and tomcat5w.exe , I tried both)

In the Compatibility tab I tried setting the flag "Run this program in compatibility mode for" to Vista, windows 7, and server 2008

I didn't have the option of Windows XP.

I have also set the Privilege level of: "Run this program as administrator" to true.

But still the service won't start.

What can be the problem?

What else can I check?

Thanks a lot,

Chana

Trinidad
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Chana,

When you run javaw.exe as administrator.

In the Java tab the Java Virtual Machine path points to the jvm.dll in the java 64bits folder? It it points to the 32 bits version please change it to the 64bits folder.

If it is not due to that Java path maybe it is due to permissions on your current user...

PS: As B1iSN 2007 version is out of maintenance I strongly recomend you to upgrade to B1iSN 8.8. If you face a blocking problem in the customer site you will need to migrate before support will be able to help you.

Regards,

Trinidad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Trinidad,

Solved the problem!!

As you wrote, I changed In the Java tab the Java Virtual Machine path to point to the jvm.dll in the java 64bits folder, and then I could run the service.

I'm continuing with the installation now.

PS: I have installed the B1iSN8.8 in a test enviroment, and I'm checking all our development to make sure that everything works fine with this version, then we will upgrade the customers.

Thanks a lot!

Chana

Answers (0)