cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introscope Host Agent for ABAP only instance, fails with java.lang.NullPoin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm trying to configure the Introscope Host Agent Adapter for ABAP 7.02 instance.

Solman Version is 7.1 ST 4, BASIS SP9.

I did created the Trust relationship between DAA and hostctrl and

also the same setup working find for Java Instance or ABAP+java Instance,

I'm not sure whether IS Adapter can be installed for ABAP only Instance.

Log file from Solman:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sap.smd.server.manager.SMDPluginProperties.setProperty(SMDPluginProperties.java:119)

at com.sap.sup.admin.wily.hostagent.config.AgentConfigWriter.setJCoUserAndPwd(AgentConfigWriter.java:1085)

at com.sap.sup.admin.wily.hostagent.config.AgentConfigWriter.setLogonData(AgentConfigWriter.java:1075)

at com.sap.sup.admin.wily.hostagent.config.AgentConfigWriter.createJcoDestinationVO(AgentConfigWriter.java:677)

at com.sap.sup.admin.wily.hostagent.config.AgentConfigWriter.prepareSapAgentConfiguration(AgentConfigWriter.java:284)

at com.sap.sup.admin.wily.hostagent.Setup.setupAgentConfiguration(Setup.java:272)

Thanks

Srikanth M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

guilherme_balbinot
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

The Introscope Host Agent Adapter is responsible for connecting the SMD Agent to the Wily EM, therefore it exists for ABAP and Java stacks.

Please check if the instance parameters are OK in the prior steps in the managed system configuration. Also check if the smd agent is up.

Best regards,

Guilherme

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the clarification.

Former Member
0 Kudos

While configuring the Agent I have used P4 port of Solman as we have only 1 J2EE instance,

but I found that Introscope Host Agent Adapter looks for Message Server Port.

After chaning it to MS Port, it went Just fine.

Thanks

Srikanth Mandalapu.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am sure, it is logically incorrect, how you deploy byte code agent in abap only instance

Introscope Bytecode Agent runs on managed systems based on J2EE engines to report data to the Introscope Enterprise Manager, so it has to be setup only for Java Stacks.

Please check with the wily config guide again.

I am watching this thread for further view from others.

Thanks,

Jansi