Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM30 - Message Specify the key within the work area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts, i have a problem with tcode SM30, when i want to Enter new entries using the option Enter Conditions. then i select field that i want to enter condition, after that i select the entries to copy and then change the field. when i try to save the systems throws the message:

Specify the key within the work area

Message no. SV033

Diagnosis

You have attempted to create an entry whose key is not in the range

defined for this area.

System Response

The entry cannot be created.

Procedure

Please check your entry.

Someone have a clue to solve this?

regards and thanks in advance

Mario

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member

Yes, this is a standard behavior. SM30 does not allow you to copy an entry to another entry whose key does not fall within the range you selected when maintaining with "Enter conditions" options.

What you can do is to maintain with no restrictions and use the position button to select the entries you want to ccpy and change.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

It means the value you are trying to change is not falling in the range of the value entered in the option Enter Conditions.

Former Member

Yes, this is a standard behavior. SM30 does not allow you to copy an entry to another entry whose key does not fall within the range you selected when maintaining with "Enter conditions" options.

What you can do is to maintain with no restrictions and use the position button to select the entries you want to ccpy and change.

0 Kudos

To add to Vishnu's helpful answer:

You may overcome the inconvenience of having all entries displayed by going to the "Selection" menu (from within the maintenance view) and clicking "By Contents..." enter your selection criteria there and click "Choose."

This will display only the entries you want to see to make "Select All" copying easier without limiting the work area.

0 Kudos

Hi Matthew

I designed one Selection screen for maintenance view.and i pass selection screen this Function Module VIEW_RANGETAB_TO_SELLIST and finally i call VIEW_MAINTENANCE_CALL and i pass viw name to this FM.

But i am getting Same Error.How to Achieve this.

Regards,

Ramu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

I designed one Selection screen for maintenance view.and i pass selection screen this Function Module VIEW_RANGETAB_TO_SELLIST and finally i call VIEW_MAINTENANCE_CALL and i pass viw name to this FM.

But i am getting Same Error.How to Achieve this.

Regards,

Ramu