Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G/L account 200010 cannot be used (please correct) Message no. ME045

former_member182714
Participant
0 Kudos

HI All,

When I am trying to create PO for purchasing an asset from MM, I am getting below error.

I have chosen "A" in Account Assingment Category and given Asset number.

GL 200010 is APC GL Account defined corrected.

G/L account 200010 cannot be used (please correct)

Message no. ME045

Diagnosis

Comparison of the field selection strings from the G/L account 200010 and the account assignment category A reveals that there is an incompatible combination of field selections for the field selection group 'Asset number / subnumber'.

The G/L account field selection is stored in table T004F; that for the account assignment is stored in table T162K.

Procedure

Please enter a correct G/L account.

Can you pls advice me.

Niranjan Yandamuri

Edited by: Yandamuri Niranjan on Jan 14, 2012 7:57 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member191564
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear expert

The message ME045 is raised whenever there is an inconsistency between the G/L account field selection setup in table T004F and the account assignment field selection setup in table T162K. This is same as explained in the long text of the error message.

Please re-check the following:

Adjust the field status definition of table T162K to the field selection in Financial Accounting (table T004F). Proceed as follows:

1. Determine the item of the field in question in the field selection string. You obtain this information from table TMODU, in the 'MODIF' column in transaction SE16.

2. Edit table T162K using transaction SM31 and change the position of the field status definition in question. An optional entry '.' might be a good starting point in many cases.

Or better

Please, kindly try this:

.- In transaction FS03 check for the relevant G/L account number and the relevant Company Code, the Field Status Group (under the tab for 'Create / bank / interest').

.- For this Field Status Group and Company Code check the customizing transaction OBC4.Under the 'Additional account assignments' group see the setting maintained.

.- Now check with OME9 for your account assignment category 'A'

Are these two settings the same ones? Just in case, please set both of them to 'Optional' and re-test the system behavior afterwards.

Re grads

Ajeesh.s

former_member182714
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Ajeesh,

I have kept "Asset Number/Sub number" optional in OBC4 and OME9 for Account Assignment "A".

Now, When I try to create PO, I am getting below error due to "Earmarked Funds".

*I am unable to find "Earmarked Funds" field in OBC4 (G067) and OME9 (Account Assignment - A). Pls tell me where this field is available.

• Pls let me know why Aquisition account effecting while creating PO?

• Pls let me know the above said fields to be kept optional for Asset Acquisition Account?

Pls clarify my doubts.

G/L account 200010 cannot be used (please correct)

Message no. ME045

Diagnosis

Comparison of the field selection strings from the G/L account 200010 and the account assignment category A reveals that there is an incompatible combination of field selections for the field selection group 'Earmarked Funds'.

The G/L account field selection is stored in table T004F; that for the account assignment is stored in table T162K.

Procedure

Please enter a correct G/L account.

srinivasa_maruvada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check Funds and Fund Center and committment item fields are mapped at both OBC4 and OME9. Make all as optional

At OBC4 / Additional account assignments you have field Earmarked Funds as well. Make it optional

former_member182714
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Srinivas,

Thanks for your reply.

• Pls let me know why Aquisition account is getting triggered while creating PO?

• Pls let me know the above said fields to be kept optional for Asset Acquisition Account?

Pls clarify my doubts.

srinivasa_maruvada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pls let me know why Aquisition account is getting triggered while creating PO?

Probably you are using Account assignment A or P and system is looking for either Asset or Project

Pls let me know the above said fields to be kept optional for Asset Acquisition Account?

Yes...and let us know any further errors with message no and entire error text message

srinivasa_maruvada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pls let me know why Aquisition account is getting triggered while creating PO?

Probably you are using Account assignment A or P and system is looking for either Asset or Project

Pls let me know the above said fields to be kept optional for Asset Acquisition Account?

Yes...and let us know any further errors with message no and entire error text message

former_member191564
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear expert

please check posting key " field status " t code : ob41 or

se38-RFCONVTP- check message

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/a0/838149ebc611d195300000e835339d/content.htm

Regards

Ajeesh.s

former_member182714
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Srinivas,

Apart from Asset Number/Asset Sub number and Earmarked marked funds, Any other fields to be kept optional in OBC4 and OME9, while purchasing an asset from MM.

Thanks

srinivasa_maruvada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It will depend on your business requirement. SAP is provided global fields to be used for business needs

First Try PO and do your transaction success and let us know if any error appears, inluding error long text.

You can focus on other fields when business requires :):)

former_member220489
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niranjan,

Please make sure that you have assigned field status group G007 to your asset's acquisition GL account in FS00.

Then go to OBC4 and select the Field status Variant, which is assigned to your company code and click on Field status Groups and in the next screen select the field Status Group G007 and click on FIELD STATUS.

Now click on Additional Account Assignments and click PAGE DOWN button on your keyboard.

Now change the field status as OPTIONAL for the below fields.

Fund, Funds Center, Earmarked Funds, Complete Earmarked Funds, Functional Area, Grant

Once the above is done, you can create the PO using account assignment category A.

Cheers.

Regards,

Srinu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

make it a recon account (asset), sort key 018, field status group g067

regards