cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BO 4 Integration with ECC 6

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have the requirement of provide with real time data from ECC 6 to a BO universe for reporting with Web Intelligence, if I understand correctly that can be achieve on version BO XI 3.1 using the a prototype and data federator as described in this article [INTEGRATION OF SAP R 3 WITH BO UNIVERSE USING DATA FEDERATOR CONNECTOR|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/509a88c6-1f6f-2d10-5b9d-e924af780ab7]

I also read that the integration kit is now part of the default installation for BO 4 sp2 but Im not able to find the SAP ERP connector, when I try to create a new connection using the universe designer under SAP I only have:

MaxDB7.7

SAP BW

SAP HANA

When I check the Information Design Tool I have NW BI 7x under OLAP and MaxDB, HANA under relational.

I'm using:

SAP ECC 6 EHP 4

BO 4 SP 2

I'm missing something? Does someone have information on how to connect DF with the ERP?

Best Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

you find the DF connector in the Universe Design Tool under "SAP BusinessObjects"

Regards

-Seb.

Edited by: Sebastian Wiefett on Jan 17, 2012 3:43 PM

0 Kudos

Hello Sebastian,

Under DF Server XI R3 connection I have JDBC and ODBC drivers but no SAP Client like the BW connection, do I need to configure something else to use the sap client or is best to use the JDBC-ODBC middlewares? If so, could you please provide me some steps or a document to configure them.

Best Regards.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

the DF XI3.1 driver you are seeing there is to connect your BI 4.0 IDT to an existing DF XI 3.1 server.

(i.e. backward compatibility to the 'full fat' XI3.x DF Server , instead of using the 'half blood' DF Query server prvided in BI 4.0)

regards

H

0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

Thank you for your answers, so right now using BO 4 is not possible to create a connection to ECC?

Best Regards.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yes, you can - using Crystal Reports 2008 - it has a dedicated "SAP Infoset, Tables and Functions" driver.

as normal, You will need to import SAP Transports into R/3 first to enable those modules.

but the really powerful stuff comes soon - FeaturePack03

0 Kudos

Thank you Henry,

Just to confirm, right now we have no option to get real time data from ECC into BO 4 universes for Web Intelligence reports, we are only able to do that with Crystal Reports, correct?

Best Regards.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Correct. With BI 4.0 as it is today, it's very difficult (unless you use CR2011)

you might be able to point to (some parts) of the underlying RDBMS schema of the transactional system, using a generic ODBC or other, but you will be making life very hard for yourself. Most of the business process logic that is abstracted through InfoSets and other will not be consumable.

Other option is if you have an existing Data Federator XI3.1 server as a datasource for a Universe

final option, is join Ramp Up for Feature Pack 03 at end Q1 2012 and use the ERP drivers in IDT

Regards,

H

0 Kudos

Got it, Thank you Henry.

Best Regards.

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

pointing to the underlying relational database will not only break your license agreement with SAP but also you will lose the business content and you will lose the data level security.

You can use today Crystal Reports 2011 to connect to ERP directly or starting with ERP 6 Enhancement Package 05 you can use the "Transient provider"

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/helpdata/en/d4/6cf5b833604927abdbca5c2fec4064/frameset.htm

The transient provider allows you to leverage the local BI client and point a BEx query to classic infosets

regards

Ingo Hilgefort

0 Kudos

Thank you Ingo.

Best Regards.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

that guide is for XI 3.1 Universes - using Data Federator XI 3.1 - a different product

in BI 4.0 SP02, the 'data federator' features you have available to you in IDT are the 'multi source universe' which give you a SAP JCo connector to BW - a relational BW-SQL driver, it's not OLAP

if you can't see it, you need to create your connection cirectly under 'repository resources' , not pomote from projects.

As of FeaturePack03 (ramp up starting Feb) you will get an ERP driver for connecting to ECC6 . This will go some way to addressing the fit-gap of missing features you are seeing today.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Henry, can you please provide more information about Feature Pack 3 and integration with ERP? We are looking to do the same thing with a new version of BO 4.0.

Thanks,

Tom

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I cannot unforunately, this new product documentation is only available to registered and approved Ramp Up candidate customers. Please go via your SAP Account Manager.

Of course, in a number of months time, when Ramp up has ended, the product goes "general availability" then everyone can use these features.

Apologies,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry ,

Please help me in below question

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3418715

Thanks

Parul