cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade 8.81 Customer DB error - Object _FU_P Failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

I keep getting the same error when trying to upgrade customer DB to 8.81.

Everything else installs perfect including the demo DB.

Then it looks like the customer DB is going to upgrade correctly until I get:

Error: Object FUP failed

Current version

SBO 2007 A (8.00.180 SP:00 PL:45

To

SBO 8.81 PL06 (I have tried PL09 as well with same error)

I am installing this on a fresh desktop running Server 2003 R2 with SQL server 2005.

We wanted to make sure the install will work correctly before we do the live upgrade on our main server.

Does anyone know how to fix this error?

Edited by: TTechnology on Jan 17, 2012 7:52 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fixed it!!

jiawen_wei
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Larry,

I am upgrading from B1 9.1 PL08 to 9.1 PL09 and I ran into the same issue on the _FU_P object.  Could you please let me know if SAP suggested what views should be removed from the DB in order to fix the issue?

0 Kudos

Hi Jiawen

I have exactly the same problem. Can you fix it??

Thanks

jiawen_wei
Participant
0 Kudos

We actually fixed ours, not by removing anything, but increasing the initial size for multiple databases, including tempdb and the company db.

Not sure if this is the right solution and sorry I don't remember exactly which databases, but this helped us get pass that error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If someone can help, please send me your email and I will send you the Upgrade log file.

clodagh_walls
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

Firstly make sure you have enough space on the server and the correct collation settings.

The following formula explain the size of the required space:

- Space Required = 3 x (the size sum of all the selected company databases) + the size of the common database

The right collation on your MSSQL SERVER should be SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS.For more information please go through the attached SAP NOTE 987436.

If you are still having an issue , kindly log a message with us in support under the component SBO-BC-UPG and attach the following log files to the message

There are maximum 3 UpgradeLogFiles depends on the stage of the failure:

1. BuisnessOneUpgradeUpgradeWizardPidxxxx_xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.txt u2013 UpgradeLogFile of the Wizard which contains a results of the pre and post-checks as well

2.BuisnessOneUpgradeB1UpgradePidxxxx_xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.txt u2013 UpgradeLogFile of the whole upgrade process

3.BuisnessOneUpgradeb1loggerPidxxxx_xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.txt u2013 UpgradeLogFile of the whole upgrade process

In 8.8x Family you can find all these Logfiles in the default log folder "%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\SAP\SAP Business One\Log\UpgradeWizard" or any other folder configured for this purpose in "B1_Install_Folder\Conf\b1-config-path.txt".

Kind Regards,

Clodagh Walls,

SAP Business One Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

I fixed the problem.

It had to remove some custom views from the database.

Thanks for your help!!

Edited by: TTechnology on Jan 19, 2012 7:57 PM