cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database Connector Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

We recently had 4 users upgraded to Crystal 2011--the person that did the upgrade doesn't remember what the previous version is. Of the 4 users, 1 creates the reports and embeds the connection string in the report and saves it to a network share. The other users have a shortcut on their desktop to open and refresh the report. The reports connect to a SQL 2005 database.

Since the upgrade, one user cannot refresh the reports. The connection fails with the following:

Database Connedctor Error: 'IM006:[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSETConnectAttr failed [Database Vendor Code: 18]

Click OK and get the following:

Database Connector Error: '01000:[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB] ConnectionOpen (SECCreateCredentials()). [Database Vendor Code: 18]

Click OK and get the following:

Login failed.

Details: 08001:[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB] SSL Security error [Database Vendor Code: 18]

Click OK and it opens to a blank results Crystal tab.

I've checked the ODBC connections, all test OK. I've also deleted and recreated them.

I've found a few questions here and on other sites that are similar but end up being connected to an application that is being developed. As mentioned before, these reports were set up to connect to a SQL 2005 database via an ODBC connection--the connection string was embedded in the report when they were created.

Is embedding the connection string no longer supported in Crystal 2011?

The string that was used was: [ODBC];DRIVER=SQL Server;UID=XXX; PWD=XXXXXXX;APP=Microsoft Data Access Components;SERVER=PDRMS;Description=RMS;Database=rms8;DSN=rms

Does the syntax need to be changed?

Any suggestions/help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Russell

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

The system is Windows 7. I just noticed that I can open Crystal and then open the shortcut to the report and it will connect and refresh. I only get the error when the report is opened using the shortcut.

I ran the Update Manager, no updates were found. I've been testing on 2 other Windows 7 machines and am able to open and refresh the report via the shortcut.

0 Kudos

Hello,

If it works on 2 other PC's then it's not a connection string problem, likely something different on that one PC.

Try running ProcessMonitor from Microsoft and look at the logs for access Denied type errors.

The Error itself means that user failed to log on using the connection properties. Verify that user can access the database using this tool called [SQLCon32|https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100006252882008E/sqlcon32.zip]. No CR components required, just connect and then get a list of tables you use in the report.

Don