Did you mean: 

Item XXX WBS Element XX-XXX-XXX Budget Exceeded

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

When I am trying to post a parked MM invoice to 2 WBS elements:

to WBS L-01660-GBF08A-C18/51-11 : 265.094,22 GBP

to WBS L-01660-GBO08A-C18/51-11 : 78.092,78 GBP

I am getting an error Item XXX WBS Element XX-XXX-XXXX Budget exceeded .

When checking S_ALR_87013558 report, there is visible that budgets not

exceeded:

for WBS L-01660-GBF08A-C18/51-11 is available overall budget:

425.517 GBP

for WBS L-01660-GBO08A-C18/51-11 is available overall budget:

125.927 GBP

I tried reconstructing the availability control using the transaction CJEN but still not able to post the invoice .

As per my analysis with report S_ALR_87013558 the available budget for this WBS element L-01660-GBF08A-C18/51-11 is

425.517 under the overall tab -> available column.

and for 2012 none of the column is filled all the columns are left blank . Does it mean for the year 2012 the budget is not carried forward and hence I am not able to post the invoice for the year 2012 .

Can You please guide with this ?

Thanks & Regards,

Kavitha Venkatesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kavitha.

You can check with entries are being taken in the availability control : Go to CJ31 ( your project/WBS) --> Extras --> availability Control --> Analysis , here you can check exactly which entries/amounts are taken in account and which are excluded,

I hope this can be useful,

Regards,

Sara

former_member210673
Participant
0 Kudos

Assuming the Carryforward, Budget Availability ctrl check parameters being done properly per other responses, Please refer to my reply as per below thread for the reason why I think you see the error "Item XXX WBS Element XX-XXX-XXX Budget Exceeded".

/thread/2133170 [original link is broken]

-thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Regarding this issue that I had posted earlier will there be any possibility of availability control not working properly for the PO'S

with a splitted account assignment by percentage.

Thanks & Regards ,

Kavitha Venkatesh

pradeep_mahamuni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First check the your Project budget is annual or overall ? If Overall then no budget carryforward is required. If annual then you have to carryforward the budget but before that you have to carryforward your commitments.

Also check your AVAC activation is on Budget release or budget enter.

If that is on relase then available budget = "Budget release - assigned value"

and not "Budget - assigned value"

In Standard report available budget is "Budget - assigned value" .

Check and revert

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can you tell me how to see whther the AVAC activation is on the budget release or budget enter. I not much aware about this...Also this overall budget not annual.

Please guide me.

Thanks & Regards,

Kavitha Venkatesh

pradeep_mahamuni
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Check Budget profile maintained in your project. Go to t-code OPS9 and open that profile.

In Availability control Area check activation type is 1 and If relese checkbox is ticked then your AVAC activation is on budget relese through CJ32 and if not it is immidiatly after budget allocation through CJ30.

If you are not aware of the configuration settings then take the help of consultant.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check which budget profile you are using.. Overall or annual? If it is annual then you have to carry forward budget using CJCO then release budget via CJ32 . If it is not annual then reconstruct availability control using t-code CJBN also reconstruct proj. info. database using CJEN. AVAC is on released budget during annual allocation. In overall , it depends upon your config. settings.

Hope it would help you..

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Pradeep & Ankur

As you said available budget = "Budget release - assigned value" is correct. But here my question is Planned Cost wll be included in the Assigned value. If it Yes,

I have done Planning through CJ40 but it is not considered in the Assigned Value. What would be the reason.

Regards

Raj

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Raj,

In my knowledge planned cost is not included in Assigned value (please correct if i am wrong).As far as planned cost is concerned my catch is that the system updates the planned costs calculated in the sales order cost estimate to the sales order item in the form of cost elements and costing items. A requirement is that the sales order item is flagged as carrying costs and revenues.

regards,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

check whether carryforward is done for year 2012.

check your tolerance limit setting for which transaction system should trigger error.

try to decative

run the CJEN and

again activate the Budget