Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to edit and reprocess idoc in BD87

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I process an inbound idoc and i end up with many errors , i want to edit the values and reprocess with same idoc number . I have gone through many discussions in forum and got an idea that we can edit the idoc in WE19 and reprocess in BD87. Now my issue is

1. I go to WE19 and edit the idoc but i am unable to save it , if i press start inbound button it creates a new idoc number.so what should i do ?

2. In BD87 i can only reprocess but unable to edit .

now really i got confused and dnt know how to edit an idoc , save it and reprocess again in BD87.

Kindly give a clear and detailed steps.

Thanks & Regards,

Lakshmi Rajkumar.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Of course can you edit the idoc in BD87.

Doubleclick on the idoc with error until you reach the Idoc-tree. Search your segments with errors. Doubleclick on the paper-icon (important!!! ), not on the segment name. Choose 'Data-Record->Display-change from the menu. Change the values, Click 'Save', confirm the message, that the changes will be written to database (creates an idoc with the original values and status 70). Go back until you reach BD87 again. Reprocess the Idoc.

Kind Regards

Alfons Eberth

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can try editing your IDOC in WE05 and then re-process it in BD87.

Regards

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Of course can you edit the idoc in BD87.

Doubleclick on the idoc with error until you reach the Idoc-tree. Search your segments with errors. Doubleclick on the paper-icon (important!!! ), not on the segment name. Choose 'Data-Record->Display-change from the menu. Change the values, Click 'Save', confirm the message, that the changes will be written to database (creates an idoc with the original values and status 70). Go back until you reach BD87 again. Reprocess the Idoc.

Kind Regards

Alfons Eberth

0 Kudos

Hi,

Check

Hope this is useful for you.

regards

Vinit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for all your replies gurus .

Alfons Eberth your answer was really awesome , cleared all my issues. I follow your steps , edited idoc in BD87 and reprocessed .

Thanks a lot .

Rewarded points to all .

Thanks & Regards,

Lakshmi Rajkumar.