cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto conversion of planned order to production orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I know this is a stupid thing to do, but business wants it. Tried convincing all efforts in vein. So please bear with me for awhile.

a overnight batch job runs MRP & creates planned orders. User wants to convert all those planned orders to production orders automatically without manual intervention.

Is there any such kind of config setting in standard SAP? or can I schedule a job using some standard Mass conversion transaction to run periodically every night?

Please let me know.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Madhavi - This is not a stupid thing. Many companies prefer to set up jobs to convert the planned order to production/Process orders.

Define a background job, schedule it to run the program (I think it is PPBICO40) with a set of selection parameters as you intend to. Run this job on completion of the MRP jobs (Set a predecessor relation). This should take care of your requirement.

Hope this helps.

Pradeep.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for quick responses.

I'm testing 'PPBICO40' in SE38.

Meanwhile I have another question, how Planned order type 'LA' is tied to production order type 'YP01' (Make to stock).

When I convert a planned order, what tells the system to go pick 'YP01' order type.

The reason I'm asking this question is, 'PPBICO40' is doing the conversion by Order Type.

sjeevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Meanwhile I have another question, how Planned order type 'LA' is tied to production order type 'YP01' (Make to stock).

> When I convert a planned order, what tells the system to go pick 'YP01' order type.

> The reason I'm asking this question is, 'PPBICO40' is doing the conversion by Order Type.

In the order of priority : OPKP, OPPR, OPPQ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for all your suggestions. I appreciate your valuable input.

All i'm worried is about the further implications of auto conversion. I really don't like it.

Thanks a lot

sjeevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Collective conversion in the background is not uncommon, at our company we do it for all MTS materials. But you may have to check the following settings also. In OPJK for Business Function = 1 (Order creation) make sure Collect. conversion field is not 3 , unless you want to prevent order creation unless you want to manually convert the orders with missing part. Also if your order types have auto release on creation (setting from OPKP) then you need to consider the settings in Business function = 2 in OPJK whether you want to prevent release if there are missing parts ( Collect. conversion field ).

former_member186193
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to use the program behind this transaction CO41 - Collective Conversion, which is SAPLCOUP which will convert all planned order into production order.

However, this practice should be not recommended, as there are many items that can have an impact (dates, raw material availability, etc.). Also you will not have the flexibility to make the required change will converting planned order into production order. Anyhow you can do it later one by one for each production order.

Regards,

Alok Tiwari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find the below link you can find the need full information.

http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1007437

I hope it helps you.

Regards,

Madhu.G

tejyadav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, You can use BAPI :- BAPI_PRODORD_CREATE_FROM_PLORD to create the program for auto converting Planned orders to Production Orders or Use PPBICO40 - Batch conversion of Planned Orders to production orders