Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DS 4.0 MSExcel adapter error

former_member230867
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we have installed Data Services 4.0 in Linux SLES 11. It is a distributed installation with Data Services (job Server, Access server, Message Client, ODBC driver) on one server and DS integration to BI 4.0 on second server (DS Management Console and APS services).

The problem which I experienced is a problem with Adapters. When I successfully add MSExcel adapter and try to start it, the Data Services suddenly end up with an communication failure below:

2/24/12 10:45:58 AM Thread[main,5,main]         Unable to connect to job server '<hostname>:6600'. Error= Communication failure. ^M
2/24/12 10:45:58 AM Thread[main,5,main]         com.acta.adapter.sdk.AdapterException: Unable to connect to job server '<hostname>:6600'. Error= Communication failure.
        at com.acta.adapter.sdk.AdapterEnvironmentImpl.init(AdapterEnvironmentImpl.java:184)
        at com.acta.adapter.sdk.AdapterRunnerImpl.initAdapter(AdapterRunnerImpl.java:231)
        at com.acta.adapter.sdk.AdapterMain.main(AdapterMain.java:46)

I am able to add other adapter and run them, the problem is only with the MSExcel. After the error occurs, there is no way how to stop or remove the adapter as in the DS Management Console you permanently see this error and only deleting of adapter.key and startup_script.xml on OS level resolves the issue. But than I have to recreate the whole Adapters again (and just for sure I created a new Job server again).

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Erik.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Erik,

I am also getting the same error in SAP Business Objects Data Services 4.1, when starting the JMS_Adapter if your issue is resolved please tell me is there any upgrade Patch need to be installed for BODS.

Thanks,

Daya

former_member230867
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daya,

here is a short manual on how to was fixed me on DS 4.0. Please note that I did not want to use SSL:

1. Stop Job Server
  2. check whether there are any al_ services running - if yes, than kill them
  3. Edit the Job Server - when prompted to use SSL, select No.
  4. Edit Access Server - when prompted to use SSL, select No.
  5. Now, in my case I had to use a new startup_script.xml file which was sent to me by SAP, as my original one was somehow incomplete. If you have another working deployment, you may copy it from there. First make backup!
  6. Copy the new startup_script to <INSTALDIR>/dataservices/adapters
  7. From <INSTALDIR>/dataservices/adapters/config remove all obsolete entries
  8. Start Job Server
  9. Follow the new adapter creation via Data Services Management Console [again in my case no SSL]
  10. Start the adapter

Erik.

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Erik,

Thanks for your reply, In my Case SSL is Enabled but here i am getting the message from other extenal sources but suddenly it crash and failed.

This issus is still there in BODS 3.2 and i already refer below SNotes regarding that but noluck.

1824972 - Get error: "Unable to connect to the Job Server '<Server Name>:<Port>'. Error: Connection refused. (BODI-3016234)" when try to run job from Data Services Management Console

I am getiing the below error in Adapter Trace and Error Log:

Adapter Trace Log Details:

/30/13 5:38:57 AM Thread[Thread-26,5,main]  JMSGetOperation: getMessageFromRequestQueue function out
7/30/13 5:38:57 AM Thread[Thread-26,5,main]  JMSGetOperation: Poll function out
7/30/13 5:38:57 AM Thread[Thread-26,5,main]  JMSGetOperation: Poll function in...
7/30/13 5:38:57 AM Thread[Thread-26,5,main]  JMSGetOperation: getMessageFromRequestQueue function in...
7/30/13 5:38:58 AM Thread[Thread-22,5,main]  JMSGetOperation: getMessageFromRequestQueue function out
7/30/13 5:38:58 AM Thread[Thread-22,5,main]  JMSGetOperation: Poll function out
7/30/13 5:38:58 AM Thread[Thread-22,5,main]  JMSGetOperation: Poll function in...
7/30/13 5:38:58 AM Thread[Thread-22,5,main]  JMSGetOperation: getMessageFromRequestQueue function in...
7/30/13 5:38:58 AM Thread[Thread-28,5,main]  JMSGetOperation: getMessageFromRequestQueue function out
7/30/13 5:38:58 AM Thread[Thread-28,5,main]  JMSGetOperation: Poll function out
7/30/13 5:38:58 AM Thread[Thread-28,5,main]  JMSGetOperation: Poll function in...
7/30/13 5:38:58 AM Thread[Thread-28,5,main]  JMSGetOperation: getMessageFromRequestQueue function in...
7/30/13 5:38:58 AM Thread[Thread-27,5,main]  JMSGetOperation: getMessageFromRequestQueue function out
7/30/13 5:38:58 AM Thread[Thread-27,5,main]  JMSGetOperation: Poll function out
7/30/13 5:38:58 AM Thread[Thread-27,5,main]  JMSGetOperation: Poll function in...

Adapter Error Log Details:

Unable to connect to job server 'sapdsq01:4001'. Error= Client id adapter.JMS_Adapter_QA is already in use

7/29/13 7:19:52 AM  com.acta.adapter.sdk.AdapterException: Unable to connect to job server 'sapdsq01:4001'. Error= Client id adapter.JMS_Adapter_QA is already in use

at com.acta.adapter.sdk.AdapterEnvironmentImpl.init(AdapterEnvironmentImpl.java:185)

at com.acta.adapter.sdk.AdapterRunnerImpl.initAdapter(AdapterRunnerImpl.java:251)

at com.acta.adapter.sdk.AdapterMain.main(AdapterMain.java:46)

Thanks,

Daya

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Erik,

Is Your BOIPS and BODS installed on Physical Machine or in Virtual Machine (VM Ware). Please confirm?. Because in my case in Physical machine that issue was not replicated it was only happen in VM Ware.

Thanks,

Daya

former_member186160
Contributor
0 Kudos

all,

please share the solution if issue is resolved.

we are facing same issue.