cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring an Employee from one Company Code to Another Company Code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

we are implementing the HR Implementation for the group of Hospitals, each hospital being an Individual Legal entity, but there is a requirement, where in there is a possibility that the employee may be transferred from one Hospital to other on a short term basis or on a long term basis, and as long as the Employee stays in that transferred place, his salary is to be paid from that particular Hospital,

As per my understanding, we have to run the seperation action and then go for a hiring action in the new company,,, but this wouldnt solve the purpose if the employee works for 10 days in a month in one Hospital and the rest in the Other Hospital...

I have come across various posts on sdn regarding the same issue that it is possible, but i didn't find the end result for this one,I would request you to provide me with your inputs on this one.

Regards,

Bharadwaj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Bharadwaj,

As per standard SAP you cannot transfer employee from one legal entity to other legal entity means company code.

Which may not be possible with actions.

Speak to senior technical person and try to implement an user exit which transfer data from one company code to other company code (means inter company codes). Also when you run an action system automatically take you to the other company code. Such a way an user exit to be designed.

This solution may suit.

Venu

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can run a transfer action and move employee from org.unit in Company A to org.unit in Company B. If you want the transfer to mean that employee logically leaves one company and enters the other, maintain the features LEAVE and ENTRY. Set JUPER=X in these features. The system then recognizes the transfer as leaving one compalny and entering the other.

What you need to think about, is authorizations if you have separated them between the company codes.

Hope this helps

Kirsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can achieve this thru transfer action only. I assume that the HR user has authorization for all Co.codes. In the case of Form-16, SAP Payroll India supports multiple Form-16s. Another workaround is that you can capture the transfer in IT0395 - External Organizational Assignment and still process payroll from Home Co.code.

regards

MM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Transfer action is the best solution....

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Transfer action is the best solution in case there is change from one company code to another.

regards

Nithi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,, I am aware that we need to execute a transfer action, but how can we transfer an employee from one company code to another??? let me explain you with my scenario here....

HOSPITAL-1 : XYZ1 ( Company Code)

HOSPITAL-2 : XYZ2( Company Code)

Hospital 1 (XYZ1) and 2(XYZ2) belong to the XYZ Group of Companies

both these hospitals are separate legal entities

an Employee "A" is working in a Hospital 1 ( XYZ1) from 1st of a month till 10th and from 11th onwards he is working in Hospital2(XYZ2).

if i want to transfer an employee internally from one Personnel Area to another Personnel area or from one org unit to other org unit then i can do it through transfer actions, but how am i supposed to do a transfer action in between two company codes?

raghu_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As it is a company code transfer, it is recommended that you terminate the employee in one organization and hire him in the other. Enable multiple form-16, to transfer data for the purposes of taxation.

A transfer action will also work but, the statutory reports like form-16 will have to be developed in such a case.

Hope this helps.

RAghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response....

as a standard practice what you said is right, but if an employee does the same thing every month, i cant seperate an employee and rehire when he joins back, so have to find out an alternate solution for this issue.

and i am implementing this for the UAE.

can u please explain how the transfer is possible between the two company codes?

Regards,,

Bharath

Edited by: bharadwaj kocherlakota on Feb 27, 2012 2:28 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go for the Transfer Action and Test it

Best Regards,