cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which version of CR is compatible with which version of BOXI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're planning to upgrade our BOXI R2 server to either BOXI 3.1 or 4.0. If we upgrade to BOXI 3.1, are we limited to using CR 2008 or is 2011 compatible with it as well? I'd like to be able to use the latest version of CR.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BI 4.0, includes SAP Crystal Report for Enterprise XI 4.0. There is also SAP Crystal Reports 2011. The main difference is that at this time SAP Crystal Report for Enterprise XI 4.0 can only connect to Universe files as it's datasource. SAP Crystal Reports 2011 can connect to datasources much like CR XI, etc., did.

Reports created in CR 2008 will work just fine in BI 4.0.

With BOXI 3.1, you can use CR 2008 (12.x) or SAP Crystal Reports 2011. Only thing to watch for is that new features in CR2011 will obviously not be supported in BOXI 3.1 (e.g.; export to xlsx, docx, rptr file format, etc.).

Your account manager or sales should be able to provide more details info.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

One concern that I had was using Crystal Reports 2011 to login to BOXI 3.1 when saving files. I've seen Crystal Reports 2008 and 2011 will not login to BOXI R2. This lead me to believe there may be some type of one to one compatibility between BOXI and Crystal Reports.

If this is not a problem, then I can manage to avoid using the new features of Crystal Reports 2011 if we end up using BOXI 3.1.

0 Kudos

There are very few new features in 2011 so if you stick with 3.1 then stay on CR 2008.

If you go with BOE XI R2 then stay on CR XI R2 ( which are both out or support life cycle by the way.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're currently using BOXI R2 with CR XI R2. We're using both of these to run reports against an Oracle database that is used with HP Project and Portfolio Management. As long as I can use BOXI4.0 with our Oracle db, I plan on going with that direction.

Thank you for the input.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Im done installing Crystal Reports 2011 on my machine. Im trying to connect to a universe in BO XI 3.1 and it prompts with 'Access Denied. You cannot logon to older version of CMS' How to resolve this?

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use Crystal 2008 .

Cr 2011 is for BI 4.0 repository .

Regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Thanks for the prompt response. Would this mean that CR2011 is NOT at all compatible with BO XI 3.1? Or is there any workaround?

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

No workaround to the best of my knowledge.

Seems to be the case according to http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1219678

- Error: "Access denied. You cannot log on to an older version of the CMS."

0 Kudos

If you move to BOE 4.0 you need to upgrade to CR 2011 also.

We always recommend using the same version of CR as BOE.

Don