SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sub Modules in IS Oil & Gas, upstream and downstream

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I would like to know what are the submodules are there in SAP IS Oil & Gas upstream and downstream.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Naveen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Just to complete for SAP IS-OIL Upstream solutions, the relevant modules are:

• SAP Joint Venture Accounting (JVA)
  • SAP Production & Revenue Accounting (PRA)
  • SAP PSA/PSC (Production Sharing Accounting or Production Sharing Contracts)
  • SAP RLM (Remote Logistics Management)

Eventhough menu path wise SAP IS-OIL only have SAP PRA & RLM but in order to implement Upstream solutions for any clients JVA is complusory, PSA/PSC only comes up if there is any contracts with the Govt.

Thanks & Regards

Subhasish

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

IS OIL Downstream Submodules are given below.

1) Hydrocarbon Product Management

2) Marketing, Accounting & Pricing

3) Marketing, Contracts and Order Entry

4) Tariffs, Duties, Permits

5) Exchanges

6) Transportation & Distribution

7) Traders & Schedulers Workbench

😎 Service Station Retailing

IS Oil Upstream submodules are

1) Remote Logistics Management

2) Production & Revenue accounting

You can log in to help.sap.com and get these informations.

Regards,

Nalini Kanta Das

0 Kudos

Hi Nalini,

Thank you for the reply.

Thank you,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nalini,

I would like to make a clarification in order to make an update.

SAP SSR (service station retailing) is an old solution. The new SAP solution that replace SAP SSR is SAP RFNO (Retail Fuel Network Operation) totally renew and build on WDA and FPM.

For Downstream area you have:

SAP SDM (Secondary Distribution Management).

- RFNO (Retail Fuel Network Operation).

- CPR (Continuos Product Replenishment).

- IDM (Itegrated Dispach Management).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Just to complete for SAP IS-OIL Upstream solutions, the relevant modules are:

• SAP Joint Venture Accounting (JVA)
  • SAP Production & Revenue Accounting (PRA)
  • SAP PSA/PSC (Production Sharing Accounting or Production Sharing Contracts)
  • SAP RLM (Remote Logistics Management)

Eventhough menu path wise SAP IS-OIL only have SAP PRA & RLM but in order to implement Upstream solutions for any clients JVA is complusory, PSA/PSC only comes up if there is any contracts with the Govt.

Thanks & Regards

Subhasish

0 Kudos

Hi colleagues,

Let me add the new module SAP UOM (Upstream Operations Management). This new solutions is built in WDA and FPM and will replace the SAP PRA, specially for non US countries.

Regards.-

0 Kudos

Hi Subhasish,

I wanted to add that PRA can work independently and JVA is optional and not mandatory as indicated by you.

Regards,

Sunil.M

0 Kudos

Hi Adrian,

I just wanted to correct the statement that UOM replaces SAP PRA.

UOM is an alternative solution for upstream production operations integrated with PM, QM to offer forecasting and asset management.

SAP PRA, is specifically designed for the US market whereas UOM will still enable in both US and Non-US countries whose focussed target customers are those who have not yet implemented PRA.

SAP PRA is more focused on the Revenue Accounting of the production operations along with valuating the oil reserves and posting to the core FI.

PRA also targets production and tax legal requirements for various states in the US(not all states).

Regards,

Sunil.M

0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Thanks for your comment and that´s why I wrote "especially for non US countries"...

Everybody knows that PRA have a lot of customers, especially in US and SAP will support the solution until the end of maintenance.. but.. Which is the level of investment in PRA related to UOM?

It is a really nice discussion is SAP UOM will replace or not SAP PRA. In my opinion and after having the opportunity to participate in same meetings with the SAP UOM product owner, the innovation will came with SAP UOM.

0 Kudos

Hi Adrain,

I am not sure if that is going to replace PRA but it may positioned that way eventually.

There is a lot of investment that is going in the space of PRA itself.

UOM , there is a lot of investment going on there too.

UOM could also positioned in cloud unlike PRA.If you are asking me how much, I am not sure about the metrics but they would like to first build a lot customer base so that can invest more on this.

I would not be able to comment on the specifics but UOM would be something that we can look forward to.

Sunil

0 Kudos

Hi Sunil, I really appreciate your comments and fortunately, we are going to be witness about the development of both tools. Regards!.-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen ,

There is an interesting article. Please read this is to have a basic idea on where to begin and how.

Regards,

Sunil.M