cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADO Error Code: 0x80004005 for SQL Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Trying to run a report using Crystal 2011 and getting a SAP Crystal Reports error when refreshing data and logging into the SQL database. Only happens on one workstation which is windows 7 (report runs fine on a XP workstation & the server) :

Logon failed.

Details: ADO Error Code: 0x80004005

Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server

Description: [DBNETLIB}ConnectionOpen

(SECCreateCredentials0.]SSL Security error

SQL Stae: 08001

Native Error: 18 [Database Vendor Code: 18]

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

What version of MS SQL Server are you using?

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

SQL Server 2008

0 Kudos

Great,

Install the MS SQL 2008 Client Tools and convert all of your reports to the Native 10 driver. The OLE DB Provider you are using is included in MDAC and MS doesn't support MDAC with 2008. Search Ms's site for links, or in .NET SDK forum or in here also.

Thanks again

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Don. Will converting all of our reports to the Native 10 driver affect other users running the same reports? I have one other user that runs these reports on Windows XP and is currently not having any issues. Also, I'm assuming I'm installing the MS SQL 2008 Client Tools on only this one workstation with the issue correct? Your help is greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos

You can install the Native 10 driver on that one PC also and it should work fine.

If you open the report up and click on Database, Set Location and expand the connection info you should see the SQL Native 10 driver listed. MS changed the dll name so CR needs to update the RPT files. If CR can't find the driver it could cause problems, better to make them all the same.

Odd that it works but it could be those reports are not using any new functionality maybe....

Thanks

Don

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See if the info in [this|; forum thread helps.

- Ludek