Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartform error (CSapEditorCtrl::GetObject: Object 17 does not exist)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When entering Smartforms and trying to create or display a text element a SAPEDIT pops up and displays following message 'CSapEditorCtrl::GetObject: Object 17 does not exist'. Do anyone know how to overcome this. I have SAPLOGON 640 with patch level 14 (just upgraded from 8). Also Im working remotely through Citrix. Are there any pre-reqs I have overlooked?

Please help!!

Kind regards

Peter

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Hi,

>

> When entering Smartforms and trying to create or

> display a text element a SAPEDIT pops up and displays

> following message 'CSapEditorCtrl::GetObject: Object

> 17 does not exist'. Do anyone know how to overcome

> this. I have SAPLOGON 640 with patch level 14 (just

> upgraded from 8). Also Im working remotely through

> Citrix. Are there any pre-reqs I have overlooked?

>

> Please help!!

>

>

> Kind regards

>

> Peter

Did you ever find a solution for this message? We received this message today while trying to enter long material text in transaction ME51, Create Requisition. We use a sapscript form for SAPLOGON 640 with patch level 66, just upgraded from 56.

Former Member
0 Kudos

check this note if helpful

Note 1057100 - Spaces not preserved in include texts and text modules

cervantes_nicols
Participant
0 Kudos

0 Kudos

This is only for citrix, but I have the same problem with SAPGUI740 Patch Level 5, and I can not work now with Smartforms.

0 Kudos

I’ am facing the same problem, too. SAP Gui 740 Patch 5

I can’t edit a smartform any more, when I try to edit a textbox I get the error "CSapEditorCtrl::GetObject: Object 61 does not exist"

Anybody any idea?

OK, I think the problem is related to the Gui Patch 5

On a different PC with SAP Gui 740 Patch 4 everything worked normal, after I installed the Patch 5 the problem in the smartform editor came up.

I will created an oss ticket for this.

Till the then the solution is to downgrade (reinstall) SAP Gui 740 with Patch 4

Message was edited by: Daniel Ederveen

Possibly this issue is resolved with Note OSS 2221815_2221815 - SAPscript Legacy Text Editor controls are not packed in SAP Windows GUI Installation

Reason and Prerequisites

Installation of SAP GUI 7.40 Patch 5 will uninstall existing installation of controls for SAPscript Legacy Text Editor.

Solution

The Installer for SAPscript Legacy Text Editor can be downloaded from SAP Support Portal and insatalled additionaly on SAP Windows GUI 7.40

Patch 5 Compilation 2 and higher.

You can download 'SAPSCRIPT LEGACY TEXT EDITOR' from SAP Software Download Center:

http://support.sap.com/swdc

-> Support Packages and Patches

\_-> Browse Download Catalog

\_-> SAP Frontend Components

\_-> SAPSCRIPT LEGACY TEXT EDITOR

\_-> SAPSCRIPT LEGACY TEXT EDITOR (Support Packages and Patches)

\_-> Win32

SAPscript Legacy Text Editor is obsolete component they was replaced by "MS Word as SAPScript Text Editor". More Information you can find in the note 742662.

0 Kudos

Thats it - thanx

0 Kudos

Thanks this was very helpfull.

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

sohail_rana
Explorer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.