cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release Strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

I am facing one problem in release strategy.

I have created characteristics for PR release. I assigned the characteristics to class and then configured release strategy.

For characteristics and class creation, system does not create any request. For release strategy system created the request.

Before transporting the request to testing client, I created characteristics and class in testing client. Then I transported release strategy request to testing client. In testing client system is showing error at classification in release strategy.

The error is

<b>Error in classification (class ZPR_RELEASE class type 032)

Message no. ME179

Procedure

Please check the specified class or class type in Customizing for the release procedure.</b>

I have already assigned class to release group and the same is transported to testing client. System is not applyong release strategy to PR. Even Release simulation is also OK. Please help.

Nikhil.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

I ran into this problem too. From all the reply's above, I don't see any mention of assigning the object to classes.

Use transaction CL20N.

I assigned the release group, release strategy, class type to the class. Double click on the class, then update any characteristic value (such as doc type, purch group, etc. ) if necessary.

Hope this helps.

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a similar problem: I did the transport first and then created the master data. This is giving me the same error that started this thread. I then re-transported the release strategy data, thinking that it would read the master data and be okay. This did not work. Any other ideas on how to resolve this problem?

Thanks.

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please Ensure you Have Configured Classes & Chars Correctly what you did in Development Client.

Before Transportation you should create these Class & Chars then only system will not throw any errors.

Regards,

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

u do before transport u have create the Character & Class in the receiving client ofter that only u have to trnafer the release object task otherwise u may face communication structere problem , pls configuge first receiving client then transfer

if u want pls ask me again i will give full clarification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil

When I maintain Release Strategy, system appear error similar.

Did you unsolved ?

Could you please tell me ?

My id is caodanhthang on gmail

Thank and best regards,

Thang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The class that you have defined for release procedure shall be of type "032". This is mondatory.

Please check the definitions that you made for the class :ZPR_RELEASE, the class type that you enter in the initial screen shall be 032 always for release procedure.

Refer the following help documentation :

Edit Classes :

In this step, you create classes for a release procedure with classification.

In a class, you group the characteristics that are to constitute a release condition for a release strategy. In the step " Set up Procedure with Classification", you assign this class to the release procedure.

Activities

1. Create a class of class type 032. You have a free choice of names for the new class (e.g. REL_PREQ for the release of purchase requisitions).

2. Assign a description for the new class on the tab page Basic data.

3. You can view an error message if different characteristics with identical values have been assigned to a class. To do so, select the Check with error message indicator in the area Same classification.

4. If appropriate, maintain search terms for your class on the tab page Key words.

5. Assign your characteristics to the class on the tab page Characteristics.

Further notes

Hope this information will help you.

Regards

raghuramam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the Class 'ZPR_RELEASE' is in 'Released' status in the testing box.

Also, check if 'ZPR_RELEASE' is maintained in the configuration of release strategy.

Alternately, delete the class you maintaine in testing box and re-create the same with the status 'Released' with the characteristics assignment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think there may be some messup in transport. please check this OSS note 45951, you may get any clue.

regards

Srinivas