Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password Change is not prompting for' Web GUI (ICM)' users.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have WAS 620 running for our production. We have users accessing the system through the ‘Web GUI (ICM)’ and SAPGUI. When the Basis folks reset the passwords for users, the system prompts for password change that come through the SAP GUI but it’s not prompting for the users who come through the ‘Web GUI’.

I don’t understand why the system is not prompting for password change for Web GUI users.

Is any one has an idea how we can enforce password change for ‘Web GUI (ICM)’ users. I appreciate your help.

Thanks

Guru

4 REPLIES 4

morten_nielsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

My Guess is that you are using the basic HTTP authentication, when you login from the web. Tthis is not build for SAP (your not prompted to change password, you can not change/choose the client etc), This means have to change the login procedure.

I have tried this a couple of years ago, and I have some documentation I could mail you, if your interested ?

Regards

Morten Nielsen

0 Kudos

Hi Nielsen, Thanks for the reply .. I just a note to your email, would appreciate if you can mail me the documentation whatever you have on this.

Regards

Guru

0 Kudos

See <a href="http://service.sap.com/~iron/fm/011000358700000431401997E/0517860">SAP Note 517860</a> (for SAP_BASIS release 6.10 / 6.20).

As of SAP_BASIS release 6.40 (NetWeaver 2004) you can simply configure the ICF settings to use the new option "system logon" (instead of using the "URL redirect" mechanism described in the note mentioned above).

Cheers, Wolfgang

0 Kudos

Nice ! looks much simpler than the "Old" setup

//Morten