cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uploading documents to infotypes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am currently working on a project for our client and we have ERP 2004 package installed on our systems. I was wondering if we can upload documents to an infotype and if the answer is yes, is it specific to only a few infotypes or all infotypes.

Please respond as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Bhushan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a different approach on this. Uploading documents can also be done via tsn OAAD(ArchiveLink:Store and Assign). I just tried uploading a photo <i>(Bus Object:PREL, Doc Type: HRICOLFOTO)</i> using this this tsn.

I was actually able to do what Bhushan asked for. I mean You can have documents attached to particular infotypes in this. In my case I attached the photo with IT0002 (during photo upload in OAAD) and in PA30 screen this was visible only in the overview screen and the IT0002 screen.

Similarly I presume one can upload PDF, TXT etc using this.

Backend Table to look for : TOAHR

Best Regards, Giri

PS: Reward points if ans is helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As suggested by Suresh, Yes, you can upload the document with attachment via PA30 using "Services for Object" & yes, it is not infotype dependent, but it is employee dependent.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Sarika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have attached a file to a PERNR in PA30 but again i have to retrieve the same how i have to get ?

Thanks & Regards,

Anil Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your response...so you are trying to say that i can attach a document to a uesr through the transaction PA30 to any infotypes ?...also, i was wondering how would i view that document.

Would the user be able to view the document from any infotype ?

Please respond.

Thanks,

Bhushan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhushan,

Yes, you can view the document which you have uploaded for that employee using "service for object", there you will see the option as "Attachment list", just click on that & it will show you all the attachment that you have done for that employee. If you click on it, the attachment will open.

Yes, user will be able to view the doucment for any infotype, as it gets attached to employee. So it is infotype independent.

Hope this is helps & is clear.

Thanks,

Sarika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarika,

That sounds fine. But when do we use the OAAD approach ? I see that we are achieving more or less the same .

Best Regards,Giri

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Uploading documents or Attachments can be done via PA30 per employee and not Infotype specific..

~Suresh