cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Generate a MDX statement using a BEX query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is there any possiblity in BW to generate a MDX statement using a BEx query?

Thanks,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use MDXTEST transaction to generate the default MDX select statements against query or infocubes. Note: make sure you release the query for OLAP ( this technical attribute has to be checked for query in Query Designer)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried RSCRM_BAPI. I can open BEx generated queries, however I don't see any pop up window while executing, so MDX display always remains empty. Could someone tell what's the problem?

Thanks,

Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

BW does not generate any MDX statement for Bex query.I have tried ample number of times to acheive this but failed.

Like an Infocube the Query is also an object where in you can write MDX queries on BEx Queries.

As it is I never found BW rendering MDX queries.But with MDX queries you can get something but how far it helps I don't know.

RSCRM_BAPI is obsolete and it is recommended to use RSCRM_REPORT somewhere I have read ,but when I went to that transaction I never found that "MDX" button at all.

It was converted to "OLAP Check" which gave me some warning on the key figures and that's it.

Somehow I feel BW is not comfortable with MDX.

Regs

Gopi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i am facing similar problem. we are using MicroStrategy to access bw query. MicroStrategy group want to test mdx query statements but i am not able to get any any mdx statement from bw. can you please help or is it not possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I normally user RSCRM_BAPI and execute the query..then I get a popup whether I want to see MDX statement or not..if you choose display MDX option then you can see the MDX. You can remove the generated objects with proper object names and test it using MDXTEST transaction.

Hope this helps..

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

transaction RSCRM_BAPI is doing this.

In some cases this is very complex.

reg.

michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you can use tcode MDXTEST. There you will be able to select the queries, generate MDX statements and display results.

Thanks.