cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration of SLD and interfaces from PI 7.1 to PI 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are planning an upgrade to the new PI 7.3 dual stack version. We currently use CTS+  in our current PI 7.1 EHP1 version. Is it a good idea to move the transports as a file into the new system??? My main concern was with the SLD. If we move the SLD content as CIM will it overwrite the new installed content? Also is it a better plan to create the SLD components again in the new system and try to move the transport files?

Teresa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teresa,

What do you mean by moving SLD content as CIM ? You can use import and export method to move all the SLD content to new SLD. You can also create SLD component again but it is time consuming process. So it is better to import the content from PI 7.1 sld and export it in New sld.

Regards,

Vipin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vipin,

During export and import of SLD, there are 4 types of content to be imported into new system. They are

CR , LD, NR and ALL.

Should we import ALL ?

Will there be any impact?

Kindly let me know.

Regards,

Sanjay

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

RafaelVieira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Teresa,

As per your comments in the discussion in Linkedin, this problem was solved with help of a SAP note.

Could you share solution, let us know if anything is missing and close the thread?

Tks!

Rafael.

RafaelVieira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Teresa.

As per what I can see in the thread, you have good inputs from the SDNers.

Let me know if that's enough to solve your problem or if you need anything else to fix it.

I'm pretty sure you have here all that is required to migrate from 7.1 to 7.3, which is:

- SLD export and import into new SLD instance (just keep in mind to double check every Business System target transport group - Business system --> Transport groups;

- ESR objects - Simply exporting from 7.1 and importing into 7.3. Nothing new here. CTS+ would take care of that, as well.

- ID objects - CTS+ would also take care of this, but you can go ahead exporting TPZ files and importing into target system (7.3). Anyway, you have to remember to transfer objects from Admin user to your own and then proceed with adapter verifying and lastly, activation.

Also, check this great material:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/f0263190-9443-2c10-1589-ef8b672b5edd&override...

Let us know the results.

Rafael.

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

What do you mean by moving SLD content as CIM ?

There is an option in SLD Administration to import/export CIM models. I can't say for CIM export/import, but in our landscape the migration was done via file export/import.

Also is it a better plan to create the SLD components again in the new system and try to move the transport files?

No, recreating the SLD components will generate a new GUID that is different from those of the original. A transport will no longer possible.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apart from SLD set up, it is advisable to move the ESR and ID interfaces components through the transport files during migration?? We have CTS+ set up. So if we export as data files and import into the new system , there wouldnt be any impact on the interfaces in the new landscape right?? I would like not to take any chances when we migrate.....

Teresa

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>We have CTS+ set up. So if we export as data files and import into the new system , there wouldnt be any impact on the interfaces in the new landscape right??

Should not be a problem. It will work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No there would be no impact if you move the ESR and ID interfaces components through the transport files.

Regards,

Vipin

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No impact , if youa re using CTS+ then orgainize your SLD transports correcly to update the same in new SLD .

even you can export manually Products and software components ,but dont create them manulaly in PI 7.3 SLD.

if you are new to Transports then take help from basis.

Regards,

Raj