cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC connection error while adding an sap system, eventhough ping to the sap system is successful.

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I got the following error while connecting to our SAP production servers from Prod Redwood server:

Connection Failed: RFC: com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to SAP gateway failed Connect_PM TYPE=A ASHOST=abcd.xyz.COM SYSNR=00 GWHOST=abcd.xyz.COM GWSERV=sapgw00 PCS=1 LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host with Unicode ERROR partner '1.1.1.1:sapgw00' not reached TIME Thu Mar 22 07:49:23 2012 RELEASE 701 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 38 RC -10 MODULE nixxi.cpp LINE 2835 DETAIL NiPConnect2 SYSTEM CALL connect ERRNO 10060 ERRNO TEXT WSAETIMEDOUT: Connection timed out COUNTER 1 at com.sap.mw.jco.MiddlewareJRfc.generateJCoException(MiddlewareJRfc.java:518) at com.sap.mw.jco.MiddlewareJRfc$Client.connect(MiddlewareJRfc.java:1086) at com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Client.connect(JCO.java:3256) at

Here is what i have tried:

1. command level ping to the SAP server - successful
  2. Try to add the same SAP system in our non-prod redwood server - Success
  3. Try to add a non-prod SAP system into Prod redwood server  - Success

In short, My non-prod Redwood is able to connect to all the SAP systems (prod and non-prod). But my Production Redwood is not able to connect to my Production SAP systems, even though i am able to ping successfully at OS level.

Please help me fix this issue.

Thanks

Nanda

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I installed SAP GUI and tried to connect to the system and got an error. Discussed with the network team and they opened the ports. Now i am able to connect.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

i040689
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Nanda

please check the "ext RFC enabled" checkbox on the Attribute tab of transaction smlg, please uncheck this may prevent you from communicating with SAP system, also were do you receive the error above ? have you tried "check connect string" from the configured sap system in CPS ?

Regards

Adrienne

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adrienne,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am getting this error when i click "Check connection string" in SAP CPS redwood (Prod).

When i do the same in my non-prod Redwood, the "connection string valid" message appears. So i dont think i have to enable external RFC.