Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install new language in SAP

former_member1326975
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I wish to download spanish in SAP. I already added the language in I18N and SMLT. Do I need to import the support package in SMLT? If yes, what is the suitable support package I should install? Besides doing it in SPAM, any other way I can import the support package because I do not have the maintenance license for SPAM or SAINT.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can see the all information in the transaction SMLT. Click " Documentation ".

Yes u need to import the proper support package as per your ECC version..

The steps are...

I18N > I18N Menu > I18N Customizing > I18N System Configuration

SMLT > SMLT Menu Language > Classify

Then Import support packages.

SMLT > SMLT Menu > Classify > Special Actions > Import Support Packages

Rewards if helpful.

Regards

Bhuban

former_member1326975
Participant
0 Kudos

The problem is when I click on 'Documentation', it will prompt the error 'No values found'. Besides, as I mentioned before, I need to know what is the correct support package, then only I'm able to import the package. Could you provide details info the support package that I should import.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you try to activate language..

In SA38/SE38- RSCPINST-.. add whatever languages you want the system to support to the list and activate it. it will tell you what parameter values you should have and if you are missing any codepage in case the system is not Unicode.

Please see the below link for the detail's step.

http://blog.sapadmin.co.in/?p=164

For support package :  download the suitable package from SAP Service Market Place as your SAP ECC version.

.Rewards if helpful

Regards

Bhuban

former_member182034
Active Contributor