cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery based on GR in third party sales

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello friends,

Can you please help me to configure the below scenario?

we have to make sure that once the GR is done then only we will be able to create the delivery in third party process. I know that we dont have delivery in third paarty process but we are having the requirement to create the delivery as well in third party.

Please let me know if the requirement is not clear.

Sanjeev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjeev,

You will appreciate Third party sales also includes Individual Purchase Order. Let me detail here each case individually.

Scenario:

When the customer place the order and if suppose the company doesnot have stock or for some reason they want to fetch this order through Third party sales by placing order to Vendor, which we also call Purchase Requisition.

In this case Vendor has two options:

1) Vendor can send stock directly to the customer, in this case the item category has to be as per SAP Standard - TAS  and this is Third Party Sales.

2) If Vendor sends the stock to company and company will send this stock to the customer, then this case will have Item category will be SAP Standard - TAB and this is Individual Purchase Order sales.

And in this 2nd case as the material is coming to company will be treated as special stock, so the Item category has special stock indicator E which is meant to send it to customer.

Now be clear with this, the stock which you have recieved in your plant from Vendor as special stock, what will you do with this stock ?

Yes it is meant to deliver to the party, so you can do the delivery in this case where the Item category is TAB.

I also like to reiterate, this item category which I have used here are SAP Standard, and changed manually, else if you want the automatic determinatiion then the discussion would be an addition to this which I have not done here.

I hope I could clear your doubt.

Regards,

Sridhar

Message was edited by: Sridhar Vijjhalwar Thanks Shivram, I have corrected it

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

My question was..

1. we want to create sales order which will have PR generated and that will be purely third party sales.

2. We will create the delivery BUT NOT PGI.

2. We will create the PO with reference to the PR.

3. Now Vendor will directly supply the material to the customer.

4. We will create the GR

5. At the end we will post the goods issue. PGI can only be done once the GR is done so my only requirement is that how do I link GR and PGI. How do I control the PGI??

Further I understand that through item category configuration the Sales Order can be delivery relevance but I could not set up a link between GR and PGI.

Even though we have stock available then also system should not allow us to do tha PGI.

I hope I am a bit clear now.

Another thing is that i could not find any related post thats why I raised this requirement in the forum.

Regards

Sanjeev

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your requirement doesnt fit into std SAP & doesnt fit either in Third party or IPO(individual Purchase Order topic).That is the reason, i suggested in my earlier post to fine tune the same & for link between GR/IR to PGI has to be done through development.

Because I have also done the same in one of our prev clients.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

tuan_manh
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

As Reazuddin said, your case didn't follow Third party standard of SAP.

If you want control which Posting good issue must be after process Good receipt, you must manage goods in a logic storage location.

In one of my previous projects,  my customer also has same requirement like you and my solution is below ( I call it is "Make to order with purchasing" (not Make to order process) 😞

• Create SO with Item category ZTAS - schedule line Item ZB ( movement type 601 - Item category 0 - Account assignment category M )
  • PR is created after SO released.
  • Convert PR to PO
  • Good receipt good from PO to a logic storage location with Sales order stock (notice: logic storage location)
  • Create Delivery from SO and use batch determination to collect batch from Sales order stock.
  • Post good issue for Delivery
  • Create Billing for Customer and receive invoice from Vendor.

Hope it can help you.

Manh Tuan.

former_member902149
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Manh,

Thanks for the detailes you provided. I had a similar requirement from my customer and did follow exactly the same as you mentioned.

It’s working as intended. But, now the problem is with this settings in the schedule line category, if the address (ship-to) is changed in the sales order the same is not getting passed to the PR & PO & therefore incorrect ship-to address is getting passed to the vendor.

Even the technical consultant is finding it difficult to handle this. Would appreciate if you can give some hint on this if you had faced a similar problem.

Thanks

Rahul

former_member902149
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have found the solution.

Our requirement was to have a third party setup but with Inbound & outbound even though the goods are physically not received at the supplying plant but directly send to customer by the vendor.

Therefore this is not a classic third party process ��.

SO—>PR—->PO—>Inbound Delivery(ASN)——>PGR—->Outbound Delivery—->PGI—->Invoice.

This was achieved by creating a new schedule line category (XX) with below setup in t.code VOV6,

Movement type - 601

Order type - NB

Item category - 0

Account assignment category - M

Update Schedule lines - 2

Item relevant for delivery ,Pur req delivery schedule & update Schedule should be checked.
This will work for the above mentioned requirement.

But, with this setting if the ship-to address is changed manually (the ship-to number is the same but the name & address is changed) in the SO then the changed address would not pass to the PR & to PO.

For this a small development is to be done in the Include MV45AFZB.

If Vbep-ettyp eq “XX” and tvep-pstyp eq ‘0’
tvep-pstyp = ‘5’

Where XX = Newly customised Schedule line category.

With this change even the manually changed ship-to address is getting passed to PR & to PO.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your help........specially Sridhar and Riazuddin,\....

Full point given

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have tried the solution proposed.
Can you share the results in form screenshot of Document Flow and Status overview of the sales process?
As this will help us in understanding/exeperience your customised Third Party Sales.

Further, can you reply Sridhar question. where he asked you.

Now be clear with this, the stock which you have recieved in your plant from Vendor as special stock, what will you do with this stock ?

Your reply will be able to add value & justify whatever been discussed on this thread for future reference.

Anticipating a reply or even you can share blog or document for the same.

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello JP,

If you are suggesting me to put the blog, then I would do it soon. Thanks.

Regards,

Sridhar

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If that is the case. Is following Third Party Sales.

If Vendor sends the stock to company and company will send this stock to the customer, then this case will have Item category will be SAP Standard - TAB

As per my understanding, it is will be normal sales. As you have goods movement (M Type 601 with Spl Stock E Order On hand). And so the stock will be valuated. Isn't it so?

And my post was referring to Mr. Sanjeev's understanding.

I believe there already lot many threads/wikis for similar kind of requirement availlable in SCN.

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks JP, I know.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor

@JP,

I agree, further OSS note 1699711 - Distinguish Third Party Order and Individual Purchase Order and

SAP Note 550388 - FAQ: Customizing of third-party and individual POs provides  details on it.

@ Sridhar: I like to suggest a correction in your posting.

1) Vendor can send stock directly to the customer, in this case the item category has to be as per SAP Standard - TAS  and this is Individual Purchase Order

- I think this is third party sales process

2) If Vendor sends the stock to company and company will send this stock to the customer, then this case will have Item category will be SAP Standard - TAB and this is Third Party sales.

- And this is standard individual purchase order process

Regards,

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. That is very well possible & we have done it at a client site in past.

You can use ITem Category - TAB as sugggested by Shridhar above. He has managed to explain very well. Just follow the suggestion & the needful will be done.

THanks,

Jignesh Mehta

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

The Material is 3rd party that means Stock is not available in MMBE , So if you are trying to create Dispatch system won't allow to do PGI because stock is not available

Try to Run the full cycle then only you will come to know that

Regards,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prasanna,

we do not want to maintain any stock. I know that there will be no stock but my requirement is that we follow the entire third party process scenario but we also want to have delivery which will be created and then we do the PGI but PGI should only be possible if there is GR done for that PO which is created by the PRO which was generated from related SO.

So in short this is the third party process but we want to have the sales process as well and PGI should only be possible if the GR is done for the related PO.

Sanjay

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

Can you please tell me suppose Your order Qty is 100 and after completion of goods receipt it 90

Suppose the customer asked to to dispatch 50 then you need refer your order number for Dispatch and Billing with ref. of Dispatch number or even full Qty

If my above assumption is correct then you need to change the settings in item category

Regards,

Prasanna

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor

Dear Sanjeev,

Hope ,I understand your requirement. In one of our client we are doing the same with slight change. process: Third party sales-but we are using Shipping notificaiton creation  i.e. Inbound delivery-IBD(VL31N).

Flow is like: SO- PR- PO-IBD with auto OBD* - MIGO - MIRO - PGI- Invoice wrt OBD

*OBD-outbound delivery

Once order is created with third party item category, auto PR will generate which converts into PO. Vendor sends ASN confirmation which will be created as IBD wrt: PO. we use the output type in IBD which creates Outbound delivery wrt: SO (for your requirement, outbound delivery creation can be done manually wrt: third party sales order. Delivery is possible because we fine tune the schedule line category as delivery relevant - but no movement type maintained). Once vendor confirms the goods actually delivered to customer.then do the MIGO wrt:IBD. & perfrom PGI for OBD. Now create Customer Invoice wrt: order/del(depends on req). With the development you can go for automation,if needed.

hope it helps. ( no effect on accounts & inventory)

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member902149
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Reazuddin,

Thanks for the detailed explaination.

Could you please let us know what’s that fine tunning to the schedule line category you did to have it delivery relevant but with no movement type.

I mean to ask if no movement type is maintained (601) in the schedule line category then will the delivery be relevant for post goods issue ?

Thanks

Rahul