cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diff between Alternative Payee and Permitted payee

former_member182714
Participant

HI All,

Can you pls tell me the diff between Alternative Payee and Permitted payee.

In Vendor Master, General data, Under Payment Transactions Tab, the above said fields are available.

In both of the fields, We can only maintain pre-existing vendors.

Can you pls tell why we have 2 fields.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member

Hello,

If you want to understand it simple:

1. Alternative payee: Is a payee you define at company code level, i.e. whenever any payment is made it will go to alternative payee always in that particular company code.

2. Permitted Payee: Is a alternative you define for document level, i.e. If you want that only for a particular invoice vendor wants the payment to be made to some other party. You can take it as one time payee/vendor.

former_member207607
Active Contributor

Dear SAP 1729,

The alternative payee LFB1-LNRZB (at company code level) as to be filled

if payments are not to be made directly to the vendor to whom the payable is owed.

The Permitted payments allows You to insert more than one Payee into the vendor master data that You will be able to choose during the invoice posting by FB60 using the field name INVFO-EMPFB into Payment tab.

I hope this can help You.

Mauri

sapuser_1993
Participant
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

That  field is only needed if payments are not to be made directly to the vendor to whom the payable is owed. If the vendor wants the chcek to be issue to some other name this field can be used.In business cases a vendor may not have a bank account inorder to liquidate a cross check and the system cannot give any cash payment.In that case alternative payee comes handy.Create a new vendor and assign it as alternative payee in the vendor and use it for payment.

The same applies to bank collections of receivables.

Regards

Vipin