cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAKISA Applications - Photos is not displaying..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are in the process of implemenation of NAKISA for one of our client.

We are using NAKISA 3.0 SP 02 with CE 7.2 Version. Backend ECC 6.0 with EHP5 Version

We had a problem with Photos -

Basically Photos we stored in the SAP R/3.

Infact Photos are displaying the Right side Tab Panels as well with the NAKISA Applications.

But same photo is not displaying the Main Frame Boxes.

Please suggest.

Regards

Dileep P

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This issue was resolved by creating the crossdomain.xml at the Netweaver root.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/EmTech/Add+crossdomain.xml+on+the+root+of+SAP+Web+application+s...

As well as recently fixed OSS messages:

1481677/2270495/2147391

and others.

The way to resolve this issue is the following

Issue: Nakisa Profile pictures do not show.

Variations:

• ​picture displays on the thumbnail size but not on full size
  • picture shows on HTML mode but not it does in Flash
  • Full-size picture shows but not thumbnail size picture
  • No pictures show at all.
  • Some pictures shows other do not.

Solution:

1.     Supported flash version is installed.

2. Only JPG and PNG formats are supported. (Please note that BMP will not work in Flash)

3. If an image is > 2880 pixels either in width or height Flash player cannot render it.

4. If no images shows up in Flash (but shows up correctly in HTML), it might be that

4.a       crossdoamin.xml has not been added to SAP Web application server (How to setup crossdomain.xml in SAP:http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/EmTech/Add+crossdomain.xml+on+the+root+of+SAP+Web+application+s...

Blog source note: http://www.plinky.it/blog/2009/03/09/add-crossdomainxml-on-the-root-of-sap-web-application-server/#a...)

Steps required in order adding the crossdomain.xml on the root of SAP WAS.

First of all create a crossdomain.xml, I used this content:

<?xml version=”1.0″?>
<!DOCTYPE cross-domain-policy SYSTEM “http://www.adobe.com/xml/dtds/cross-domain-policy.dtd”>
<cross-domain-policy>
<allow-access-from domain=”*” secure=”false” to-ports=”*”/>
<allow-http-request-headers-from domain=”*” headers=”*”/>
</cross-domain-policy>

If you need more information about crossdomain.xml please refers to Adobe Cross-domain policy file specification

Then create a new empty BSP application as shown below:

Import a new MIME object into the BSP application and select the crossdomain.xml that you have created:

Then launch SICF and modify the default_host and set the default service:

Open your browser and test the settings:

4.b       profile parameter icm/host_name_full has o be properly set accordingly as per      this      documentation: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e7/7af83b0255a206e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm​​

*If Login Method is using SSO, check the returned URL by the RFC call (using the RFC traces or HTTPWatch). The url returned should have the full domain name, and compare the url is the same for html and flex).

I hope this information helps.

Thank you

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solution from our BASIS techie on the team was the following:

"the problem with the missing picture is due to double encoding being restricted by the reverse proxy", so i hope this means something to someone out there!

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nicolas.

Sometimes when characters are included in URLs (including as query parameters in a URL) they are encoded as they would otherwise not be considered valid.  For example a space gets encoded as %20.  A double encoding would occur where two successive encoding processes take place.

For example a percentage symbol is encoded to %25.  So in this example double encoding a space would give %2520.  When this is decoded if only one decode operation is carried out then three characters %20 would be returned instead of the original single character of a space.

If you had spaces in a file path for instance, the resulting path would not contain spaces but %20s in their place and so in effect a different path has been returned.

A reverse proxy (RP) acts as a middle man for retrieving the data from a server.  Once the RP has retrieved the data it passes it back to the requesting client appearing as though it is the originating server.  They are typically used to exert access control (other systems such as firewalls also tend to offer this), load balancing and speed improvements (caching, compression, etc.).

So my guess would be that it isn't "restricting" per se, but perhaps the routing of data through the RP has caused a double encoding and only one decode is being carried out.  This could result in the image paths being incorrect if they contain characters such as spaces, symbols (+, =, etc.), etc.

Stephen.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP NOTE 178588 uploaded in response to the issue.

Thank you

Juan

Nakisa Support

StephenBurr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Stephen as usual you are correct   that is the one 1785881 I appreciate the correction

Best regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dileep,

Right now when i logged now into your environment even the html mode is not displaying the photos. I debugged the flash file and found the url which actually retrieves the picture. I have updated the OSS message and the details are in the message .

I tried executing the URL and it does not return the picture. The test now for you is to run this URL and see what it returns. If it does not return anything it means that there is a problem with network etc etc.

Please do this test and keep me updated.

Note: A quick and easy way to handle photo related issues is to use the developer tools and find the appropriate Flash file. Open the file and see the URL which retrieves the picture . Run this URL on your browser to see if it actually returns the picture.

Thanks,

KARTHIK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dileep,

Your issue looks similar to http://scn.sap.com/thread/3179507  (message 473845 2012)

The root cause was determined as network related at the customer side.

Regards,
Walid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, please make sure you have set the profile parameter icm/host_name_full

accordingly as per this documentation:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e7/7af83b0255a206e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Regards,

Walid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dileep,

I wonder if you check the FM HRWPC_RFC_EP_READ_PHOTO_URI in your ERP
and enter in the same details do you get the same error? You could set an external BP.
Please also have a look through the below note which although is not related to Nakisa may help.
564159 Q&A: Photograph of employee is not displayed in the MSS

Also, maybe this is a permission issue, please double check that
the user has the correct permissions.
Give them SAP_ALL if nexessary to investigate.

I realize that photo appears in some places of Nakisa but perform these checks either way.

Kind Regards,

Matthew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Matthew,

Photos are displaying in the PA20 and PA30 and MSS applications as well.

I feel this is not the problem with the ERP side, In fact Photo is also showing in the NAKISA Components in Right Panel as well, but photo is not displaying the Left side panel in Box.

Please see the picture in above theard.

Please suggest

Best Regards

Dileeep P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We just upgraded the NAKISA OrgChart with latest build 0702027800.

But still we are facing the same issue.

Photos are displaying the Right side Tab Panels as well with the NAKISA Applications.

But same photo is not displaying the Main Frame Boxes.

Please suggest .

Best Regards

Dileep P

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dileep,

If the latest build contained a fix then it is possible that any configurations or customizatiosn you did overwrote the fix. You should delta compared your current configuration and that provided in the new build to check for differences.

It might be worth attaching a copy of your build or at least the Position Portrait view XSL template file so we can take a look.

In the meantime please also raise an OSS message and detail the problem, particularly that the Photos display in part of the application but not another part.

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Luke,

We didnt customized any thing over here.

You are right, We have already replied OSS back with the same issue.

My Question is that - any where we need to specifies the Size of the Photograhs.

I think this will solve our issue. Please suggest .

Best Regards

Dileep P

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dileep,

I don't think the photo size is relevant for this issue, since no image is displaying at all.

Do the photos show in the OrgUnit Manager view?

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Luke,

Yes!!!! you are right - Photo is displaying in the NAKISA OrgManager Application.

Best Regards

Dileep P

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dileep,

I meant for the OrgUnit boxes - there is a view called Manager. Does the manager's photo display in this view?

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Luke,

Even Views > OrgChart > Manager View also not showing the photo.

Best Regards

Dileep P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dileep,

As you mentionned, the size of the picture can have an impact on this issue.  If an image is beyond 2880 pixels, either in width or heidht, the Flash player cannot render it.  Please note that if you can see it in the Details panel, it is because the application is using HTML in the Details panel, even if you are in the Flex mode.

Only the JPG and PNG formats are supported in Flash (BMP images will not be displayed).

If no image shows up in Flash, but in HTML, it might be that crossdomain.xml   has not been added to the SAP Web application server.  You can refer to the following link in order to enable it: http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/EmTech/Add+crossdomain.xml+on+the+root+of+SAP+Web+application+s...

I hope it helps,

Best Regards,

Julie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dileep,

did you resolve your photo issue? We are using OrgChart v3 SP3, and have similar problem.

The photo shows in Nakisa details pane, but not in the chart boxes (in Manger or Portrait view).

-Photo size is within Nakisa recommnded pixel limits

-HOSTS file is correct

-BASIS assures me that cross xml update has been done

-Various versions of Flashplayer have been tested

Anything else we could try?

StephenBurr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you say which build number you are on 07020xxx00?

Also, does the CDS log show any errors or useful messages?

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Stephen,

This is the build number for NAKISA/OrgChart : 0702019400      I am using 3.0 SP 02.

It Shows this error message in CDS.log

26943. 05 Apr 2012 14:51:08 ERROR com.nakisa.Logger -
executeFunctionDirect : FunctionRunner.executeFunctionDirect:
HRWPC_RFC_EP_READ_PHOTO_URI threw an Exception of type AbapException, took:
16ms, Message = INTERNAL_ERROR

26944. 05 Apr
2012 14:51:08 ERROR com.nakisa.Logger - com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$AbapException: (126)
INTERNAL_ERROR: INTERNAL_ERROR

27044. 05 Apr 2012 15:03:30 ERROR com.nakisa.Logger -
com.nakisa.manager.ui.subucs.DWLinkToProfileSubUC : initializeDropDownToField :
Could not determine data element key fields for the selected profile. Referenced
detail data or data element of the profile detail is incorrect.

Please suggest.

Best Regards

Dileep P

StephenBurr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK, so your error is at least occuring as an error in the log!

While I think your bug could be raised on OSS, I suspect they will advise you to upgrade to a later build first!

A much later 3.0 SP2 build (0702027500) is available here:

https://sapmats-de.sap-ag.de/download/download.cgi?id=N1XWIP8XZV4DB76V4TOEKYDMYJKB65MFS49DAMQSBDMVBR...

It might be worth upgrading to this build - depends on how much configuration you've done.

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Stephen,

Provided Hyperlink is not working.....It shows Expired

Can you send the right hyperlink please.

Best Regards

Dileep P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Stephen,

Where we can find the link of NAKISA latest builds.

Please suggest.

Best Regards

Dileep P

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dileep,

Have you configured or customized any of the components where the photos do not display properly?

Open an OSS message and detail the problem, particularly that the Photos display in part of the application but not another part. They will provide a link with the latest build.

Best regards,

Luke