cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports - Deployment to web server

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to deploy a crystal report onto a server for use in an asp.net web page.  Crystal Version 13.0.2, IIS 7.5, Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit.  I have this working on my development machine (installed as 32-bit).  I have installed the crystal 13 (32-bit) runtime on the server, but no aspnet_client folder showed up, and the only viewer folder I can find is under 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\Crystal Reports 2011\crystalreportviewers'.  The web page with the viewer on it comes up totally blank on the server.  No errors, no viewer, no nothing, just a total white page.

Do I need to install something else?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the browser you are using on server?

In case of IE 9, try the compatibility mode.

- Bhushan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tried compatibility mode, but no joy.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you're using the orginal release MSI. Let's try SP3:

http://downloads.businessobjects.com/akdlm/cr4vs2010/CRforVS_redist_install_32bit_13_0_3.zip

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I installed it, but no difference.  Still do not see any viewer files.  Any other ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using this article: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-CA/vscrystalreports/thread/ef56f72b-7ede-47d8-ba9e-9e63b9....  I was able to bring up the page.  I simply have a report with a textbox on it.  No database involved.  The viewer still does not display.  The text on the page itself is displaying, but nothing else.  No errors either.  How do I troubleshoot this?

0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

Try copying the CR Viewers folder from here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\Crystal Reports 2011\crystalreportviewers

to

C:\inetpub\wwwroot\aspnet_client\system_web\2_0_50727\crystalreportviewers13

Or here:

C:\inetpub\wwwroot\aspnet_client\system_web\4_0_30319\crystalreportviewers13

Cycle IIS.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, but no difference at all. I believe I already had the viewers on the server.  Any other ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank the Lord I got it.  I removed the following from my web config, and it worked!  So the article I referenced above was close, but not exact (at least for my circumstance).  Thanks so much for all the help!!

<crystalReportViewer>

<add key="ResourceUri" value="/crystalreportviewers13"/>

</crystalReportViewer>

daniel_paulsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

that makes sense.  The resourceUri property allows you to specify the location of the viewers directory.  In this case, it would be expecting the viewers directory to be a physical folder at the root of your web application.  The tag is only added manually, so this must have been set up at some point.  The purpose of being able to do this is to help with accessing the viewer dirctory when the application is fronted by a proxy server and the relative pathing does not work through the proxy.

Dan

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good that it worked, however, Just as a test, put the code back in your web.config, and add a '~' operater in front of /crystalreportviewers13

It should look like this

<crystalReportViewer>

<add key="ResourceUri" value="~/crystalreportviewers13"/>

</crystalReportViewer>

See if it works.

- Bhushan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhushan,

Where in the web config do we add

<crystalReportViewer>

<add key="ResourceUri" value="~/crystalreportviewers13"/>

</crystalReportViewer>

This is current web config. 

<?xml version="1.0"?><configuration>

<appSettings>

<add key="CrystalImageCleaner-AutoStart" value="true" />

<add key="CrystalImageCleaner-Sleep" value="60000" />

<add key="CrystalImageCleaner-Age" value="120000" />

</appSettings>

<system.web>

<httpHandlers>

<add path="Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd" verb="*" type="Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler, Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" validate="false"/>

<add verb="GET" path="CrystalImageHandler.aspx" type="CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalImageHandler, CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304"/></httpHandlers>

<compilation debug="false" targetFramework="4.0">

<assemblies>

<add assembly="Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>

<add assembly="Microsoft.ReportViewer.Common, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>

<add assembly="Microsoft.Build.Framework, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>

<add assembly="System.Management, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>

<add assembly="CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692FBEA5521E1304"/>

<add assembly="CrystalDecisions.Shared, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692FBEA5521E1304"/>

<add assembly="log4net, Version=1.2.10.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692FBEA5521E1304"/>

<add assembly="CrystalDecisions.ReportSource, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692FBEA5521E1304"/>

<add assembly="CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.Controllers, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692FBEA5521E1304"/>

<add assembly="CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.DataDefModel, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692FBEA5521E1304"/>

<add assembly="CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692FBEA5521E1304"/>

<add assembly="CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304"/></assemblies>

</compilation>

</system.web>

<system.webServer>

<validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false"/>

<handlers>

<add name="ReportViewerWebControlHandler" preCondition="integratedMode" verb="*" path="Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd" type="Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler, Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>

<add name="CrystalImageHandler.aspx_GET" verb="GET" path="CrystalImageHandler.aspx" type="CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalImageHandler, CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304" preCondition="integratedMode"/></handlers>

</system.webServer>

</configuration>

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It has to be the first chiled of ConfigSections tag..

See KB

http://search.sap.com/notes?id=1691356&boj=/sap/bc/bsp/spn/scn_bosap/notes.do?access=69765F6D6F64653...

- Bhushan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I have the same problem , so I tried to install crystal report viewer 2013 on my webserver but still I can not get to display my reports .

is there a different between Crystal report viewer and designer ?

Message was edited by: mike John

daniel_paulsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Are you using IIS to view your reports or the built in web server that ships with Visual Studio?

If your application is running on IIS, then the viewer folder should exist where Don pointed out above

• C:\inetpub\wwwroot\aspnet_client\system_web\2_0_50727\crystalreportviewers13

Or here (depending on the version of the .NET framework you are using:

• C:\inetpub\wwwroot\aspnet_client\system_web\4_0_30319\crystalreportviewers13
If you are working in Visual Studio and are using the built in web server then your viewer folder should exist under the appropriate framework version here:
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\ASP.NETClientFiles\
if all of this checks out to be OK, then try installing Fiddler Proxy to track where the application is looking for the viewer files.
Note the folder locations I mentioned above are default locations and you do not need the ResourceURI property set in your application's web.config.
Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan

Thank you so much for your comment, I already uninstalled the standalone crystal report viewer and I am now installing Crystal report designer so I guess the above will still apply .

Regards

Mike

daniel_paulsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Installing the Crystal Reports designer will not include the .NET runtime.  For the .NET runtime and Visual Studio integration, go here: 

I assume that you already have this since you have an application that was supposed to show a report in the .net viewer.

Dan

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the actual CR file you installed?

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

CRRuntime_32bit_13_0.msi

0 Kudos

Moved to .NET forum.

Try searching this forum. Lots of post on this subject.