cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add a field to standard proxy definition?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have used standard content for our interface between SRM and ERP in one scenario. It is a proxy - to - proxy interface without any message mapping. Now, we have a requirement to add an additional field to the message interface/ proxy structure. Since, it is a standard interface I have created another data type with the required field and added that to the original data type for both sender and reciever and hence I can see the new field in the message interface definitions in PI. Now, the problem is I can not see that field in SPROXY transaction in SRM and ERP as well.

Please suggest me how to proceed ? Is there a way to enhance the standard interface? Do let me know at the earliest possible.

Thank you.

Lakshman V.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please go through this thread. The below links might be helpful. IMO do not edit the standard content.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1648087

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1549997Standard Proxy Deleted:Method To Restore

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshman

Are you in the development client of ECC and have developer access? Only then you would see the Re generate option.

All message interfaces, data types, enhancements and Service interfaces should be active in PI.

Please create a data type enhancement in a custom SWCV. Do not use the standard SWCV.

Use the standard SWCV under the dependent SWCV of the custom SWCV. Now you would be able to see your message interfaces and service interfaces under the custom SWCV.

Regards

Monika

santosh_k3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshman,

After adding the fields in Datatype refresh the Message types, Message interfaces in XI.

Then log in to the SRM and ERP and go to SPROXY and right click on respective Outbound and Inbound interfaces and click on regenerate proxy and activate it, then you will be able to see the added fields in the structure.

Thanks

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sai, what you said is a basic step. I tried and could not see regenerate option there.

Regards,

Lakshman V.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Michal but the blog is Not Found "The item does not exist. It may have been deleted" is what I can see there! Can you please direct me to that blog ? I need it very badly.

Thank you again.

Lakshman V.