Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equipment showing up in two Functional Locations

karmandeep_nanuan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have an issue where a piece of equipment is showing up in two functional locations, when it's supposed to be in only one, i.e. it has two statuses (ESTO and ASEQ). The ESTO status needs to go away because this is showing up as inventory. Is this an issue with config or with something simpler, any thoughts? Points will definitely be awarded for your help!

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

HiteshMistry
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before installing equipment to superior equipment, you should issue the equipment first. This will remove equipment from store & will have the status AVLB. After this if you install the equipment to superior equipment, then the status will be ASEQ.

Hitesh

karmandeep_nanuan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hitesh,

Thanks for the reply. This equipment has had this "problem" for some time now, i.e. it was installed sometime back and the issue is only with the reporting.

The system shows the equipment being in the warehouse as well as where it's actually installed, hence the two locations.

On your point about the issuing the equipment, I can't be sure but the equipment must have been issued in the past, when it was installed. Is there some setting in the equipment master that we that could cause this issue?

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

You can remove the ESTO as explained below , go into IE02 from menu Edit>Serail no funtion>Manual tranction>

Change to From stock

ESTO will disappear

Regards

Thyagarajan

karmandeep_nanuan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried what you said and the status changes from ASEQ ESTO to ASEQ AVLB (available). Is there any way to make the ESTO status disappear without having status AVLB come up. So having only ASEQ as the ONLY status for this equipment?

Thanks

HiteshMistry
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

do following steps,

1. Dismantle the equipment.

2. Install back.

Hitesh

karmandeep_nanuan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hitesh,

You solution sounds like the best bet, but I was leaning more towards the method Thyagarajan suggested. Only issue is that I want the status to be ASEQ only and not be both ASEQ & AVLB. Is there a way to do that without having to dismantle and reinstall the equipment?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have tested the scenario in my test system and found following points:

1. The time when I have tried installing the equipment with status "ESTO" to another equipment, system had given me below warning message:

Note equipment status before assigning it to superior equipment
Message no. IE023

Diagnosis
You are trying to allocate a piece of equipment to a superior equipment.

The equipment status will only allow this after a warning message.

System response
Processing will be continued when you press Continue.

Procedure
Before you continue, you should display the equipment statuses in an alternative session.

Take any necessary steps before proceeding with what you were doing.

I think in your case also, this message would have appeared and end user would have continued and hence the status is "ASEQ ESTO".

After I pressed enter and continued in my test case,  I  too was able to save it successfully.

2. However, when I try to install the equipment to any functional location. I am getting below error message:

Equipment status does not allow installation

Message no. IA021

Diagnosis

You are trying to install a piece of equipment that has a status that does not allow installation to take place.

System response

Processing will not be continued.

Procedure

Display the equipment statuses in an alternative session to find out the business transactions allowed on the basis of the statuses currently valid.

If you cannot find the required information in these screens, contact your system administrator.

From both the above points, I conclude that while the status is ESTO - In stores, system allows installing the equipment to another equipment, assuming that superior equipment is also dismantled from the function location or the superior equipment.

However, system will not allow the equipment with status ESTO to be installed on any of the functional location.

Solution to your problem is to issue the equipment as per normal practise.

Check the same in your test system and let us know your findings.

Thanks & Regards,

Mihir Popat

HiteshMistry
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karm,

I don't think there is any other way to do that. Moreover see Mihir's reply, the reason of having two status at a time is that only.

Hitesh

karmandeep_nanuan
Participant
0 Kudos

You guys all made great points! What I did in my testing environment was to do a Goods Issue for the Equipment (using Material # and Serial #) from the Plant where it was showing in the Equipment master. I did the GI to the cost center listed in the Equipment Master, using Mvt type 201.

After that was done, the status in IE02 automatically changed to ASEQ and AVLB (available). I then dismantled the equipment and re-assigned it to the superior equipment. The status after this was only ASEQ, which we wanted. So, this worked out quite well.

I had a few questions before I try this in production. What effect would my doing the Goods Issue to the cost center? I assume there won't be any financial implications as it's the same company code. Would this confirm that the person who setup this equipment for got to Issue the equipment? I just want to make sure I don't miss anything. Look forward to more of all your expert opinions.

Thanks

HiteshMistry
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karm,

There will be financial implication in above stated process. It will generate FI documents same as normal goods issue to cost centre process. Accounts will get debited/credited with material price.

Hitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can refer thread which looks similar to yours.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2052788

Regards,
deeapk

karmandeep_nanuan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hitesh,

Can you suggest a way to do this process without getting accounting docs involved. I'm not so sure that doing the GI to the Cost Center is the correct process here. I'm assuming the equipment wasn't issued when it was installed. Generally, goods issues to consumption are for scrapping or direct consumption. Which I don't think applies here.

In IE02, under SerialData tab, its original Plant and Storage location are still listed as well as it's NEW functional location, which is in a different location than the original.

karmandeep_nanuan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for the link.

"With this logic it is not possible to dismantle an equipment which is on stock AND installed into a functional location"

How is it possible for the same piece of equipment to be "on stock" AND be installed into a functional location?

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

I think the status is correct, ESTO equipment available in warehouse and ASEQ is alloted to superior equipment

Regards

thyagarajan

karmandeep_nanuan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thyagarajan,

Thanks for the reply!

The status should NOT be ESTO as this equipment is not available in the warehouse, it's actually installed on site. ASEQ status is fine. But we're not sure how to remove the ESTO status.

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

you need to issue the equipment to the site , after goods issue system will replace the ESTO to Available

regards

thyagarajan

karmandeep_nanuan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thyagarajan,

When you said: "you need to issue the equipment to the site". Can you explain what you mean exactly? How should I go about doing this issue? Which movement type? I did the Goods Issue to cost center (mvt 201) and I don't think that's the right way.

Thanks,

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

I have said for interal mateiral , after that i have asked to change the equipment by manual transaction and dismantle from superior equipment and install again, kindly do it and check

regards

thyagarajan

karmandeep_nanuan
Participant
0 Kudos

I have tried it that way. I manually changed the status in IE02 where the status changed to AVLB. I then dismantled the equipment and re-installed it at the functional location. That does make ASEQ as the ONLY status.

But when I look in IE02 under the Serial Data tab, under Stock Information: the Plant and Storage location fields are still populated. When I did the Goods Issue to consumption, those fields were empty. Ideally we would like the status to ONLY be ASEQ and those Plant and SLoc fields to be empty. I have seen other working equipment that have this setup. Did I miss anything? Or is that how it should happen?