cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC 10 and EPM - wrong CSV format

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BPCers,

I am trying to move a BPC10 Environment onto a new BW system. The Environment was restored onto the new system as standard, but when trying to open a connection with EPM, I receive the following error:

Monitoring in SLG1, we can see the error 'persistent resource for alias does not exist'

I have rolled through the various notes on this topic, and most are out of date, relating to SP5 and below for BPC 10. I thought it might be a problem with Dimension Hierarchies, but these have been fixed and the problem persists.

The issue is independent of the machine used, and the SP of EPM - the only difference I am aware of is that the source system from which the environment was restored is on a lower Support Package - SP 5 and not SP6.

Anybody else ran into this since upgrading to the latest SP?

Regards,

Tom

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

Have you tried to run program UJA_REFRESH_DIM_CACHE?

How did you move this environment?

Are you moving from on ABAP client to another?

What is the support package and patch level from your EPM Client?

Regards,

Marcelo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcelo.

I have tried on multiple machines and EPM SP's, from SP7 Patch 1 up to the latest release SP8 Patch 2 - so it doesn't appear to be SP specific. Currently I am working on SP7 Patch 1.

I have ran UJA_REFRESH_DIM_CACHE, and this initially failed, but I removed some of the hierarchies within the environments' dimensions and it now runs smoothly.

The environment was moved via a Backup and Restore.

The ABAP Client has changed, the Source system is 730 SP5, and the system I am having problems on is 730 SP7.

Cheers,

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have resolved this -

Checking the EPM Logs, there was a an issue in one of the dimension hierarchies. The fix I first attempted, by removing a memberset, did not work, so instead I have removed the entire hierarchy and I am now connecting OK.

Thanks,

Tom

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182709
Contributor
0 Kudos

Now, the same error may be caused by another cause, which is a HANA known issue. And it's a language specific issue. For example, no issue when log on to EPM Add-in with English, but has issue when log on with Japanese. Sometime, even has issue when log on with English.

You can find the details on KBA below.

2201711 - Error "Index was out of range" or "Wrong CSV format" occurs in EPM add-in with specific language - BPC NW 10.X

Best regards,

Charlie

0 Kudos

I got this error after maintaining master data. Follow the steps below, they worked for me:

1. From the EPM tools tab, select 'Menu' (you dont have to be logged on to the server to do this),
2. Select 'Clear Metadata Cache'

3. Close all instances of the EPM client and try logging on again.

Tell me if it works for you as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Farifai,

This solution works for me.

Do not know how and why it happens though,

Thanks.

Regards,

Siswono