cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backward & forward scheduling Concept

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can anyone explain me about forward & backward scheduling?

In forward scheduling, i enter basic start date only & system calculates basic finish date.

In backward scheduling , if i enter finish date, system wil calculates start date.

in backward scheduling means past date wil be consider??? please clarify it

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

sundaresan_velayudam
Active Contributor

In forward scheduling, i enter basic start date only & system calculates basic finish date.

system will  do the forward scheduling based on the below concept

In backward scheduling , if i enter finish date, system wil calculates start date.

system will  do the backward scheduling based on the below concept

in backward scheduling means past date wil be consider??? please clarify it

generally if you not activate the start date is past in OPPQ, &   balnk days in  opu3 and OPu5 setting

then , during MRP, if the start date lies in past, system will schedule the forward scheduling.

if the setting is activated, then you can find the order start date in past

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks alot ..sundaresan ji

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Meenu,

start Date is allowed for a past date provided if you have maintained the no of days for the past in

T.Code OPU3 & OPU5 for production order and planned orders respectively.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Forward scheduling means, system will plan forward from the requirement date. So system will ask to enter the basic start date. It will consider Inhouse production time and GR processing time to calcualte the basic finish date.

In backward scheduling, system will plan backward from the requirement date. So system will ask to enter the Basic finish date. It will consider Opening period from schedule margin key, Inhouse production time and GR processing time to calcualte the basic finish date.

There is a setting in configuration whether system to consider the past date for scheduling. Check in Define production scheduling parameter in configuartion (Tcode OPU3), Check the field "Start in the past'. You have to enter the no. of days to be consider in the past.