cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport protocol version for File adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am trying to create Integration Directory objects using Integration Directory API. All the other objects are getting created successfully such as Receiver Determination, Communication component etc. however I am facing problems while creating communication channels.

While creating a communication channel, it is giving error saying specify Transport protocol version. I checked the meta-data of the adapter and found that no value is maintained for the same. Hence I passed blank value but the method CREATE is not accepting the same and repeatedly giving the same error. I tried with several values such as 1.0 or the same as of Message protocol but everytime it said 'No protocol version has been maintained'.

I tried reading the configuration of existing communication channels by using READ method and passing the same to the CREATE method but its not working either. Anyone knows the trick how to overcome this error, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have gone through William LI document http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0487ced-f537-2d10-249d-f6c7323c2...

Looks like Transport protocol version for file adapter is nothing. I see no value in this document work sheet. I see that you also tried sending empty space and no luck. Just give a shot 0 or 0.0 and see whether that helps.

You might also want to glance this link

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a0336199-d3c7-2c10-c983-f8a945a45...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply..but same error message for 0.0 and 0.

I guess will have to  raise an OSS message .

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameet,

Can you please let me know if you were able to resolve this transport protocol version error in communication channel creation through Integration Directory API.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,

Yashu Vyas

Message was edited by: Yashu Vyas

eamarce23
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yashu,

Perhaps is that when creating the SOAP request the XML nodes corresponding to Transport protocol version and Message protocol version are missing.

I had a simmilar problem and I was able to solve it by sending empty nodes in the request:

<TransportProtocolVersion/>

<MessageProtocolVersion/>

Best Regards,

Edgar Martínez.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Did you get any resolution?

Thru SOAP UI it's working, but if it's called thru GUI, this issue is coming and asking for 'Transport Protocol Version' for me too.

Did you apply any OSS note?

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Mukul