inforecord should be maintained to create quota arrangement? please explain

thank you

venu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Info records basically contains information regarding material , purchasing org , vendor , Plant , Purchasing group , Net price and some more. It Serves as a source of information for purchasing.The vendor's current pricing is stored in the info record.i.e Data such as prices and conditions that you can store for the relevant purchasing org or plant. For this info record  is need in quota arrangement.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mangalraj/Bijay

I have two vendors ......

1st step: created Material  ...In Material maintained quota arrangement

2nd step: created inforecords for both vendors with same material

3rd step: in MEQ1 maintained both vendors for the same material

step 4: i have problem in source list. how to maintain source list. if i put 2000 vendor as fixed i am getting this vendor in PR or if have 2009 vendor as fixed i am getting this vendor

tell me how to maintain source list for quota arrangement...i want quota vendor to be picked in PR based on the usage of quota...where i am missing ?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please see my answer in this thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/1910125

and Peters answers in that discussion: http://scn.sap.com/thread/1973311

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

not to forget http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/f4/7d2a4144af11d182b40000e829fbfe/content.htm

which cleary explains SAP design for Determining Source of Supply for External Procurement

Determining Source of Supply by Quota Arrangements and Source List

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why you fixing vendor in source list? What is your real requirement!

In MEQ1, you need to assign quota as a percentage to each souce of supply!

Quota Arrangements means subdivding total quantity of material among  various sources of supply( vendors) by  assigning a quota to each source of supply (vendor) which further determine

Just explore little more on Quota Arrangements.

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MM experts,

some where i am missing...as of now i didnt maintain MRP views for Material.

Mrp view is must for quota arrangement.

Please Advice

Thank you

Venu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Thanks to every one finally i solved my problem through the help of the white paper here.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-25780

Thanks to Jurgen, Bijay, Mangalraj and Vikas with  valuable information.

Thank you

Venu

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

To set up a quota arrangement for the procurement of a material, proceed as follows:

Master data -> Quota arrangement -> Maintain, enter the material and plant number,  press ENTER to display the overview screen for the quota arrangement periods, Enter a validity period for quota arrangement, Enter date until which the quota arrangement is valid. The start date is calculated by the system. Press ENTER .

Select the quota arrangement and choose Goto -> Item overview to display the item overview screen of the quota arrangement.  Enter a quota arrangement item for each source of supply you want to include in the quota arrangement. 

You must enter the following data. 

- Procurement type

- Special procurement type, Enter k in the S column, for example, if a consignment arrangement for the material exists with the vendor.

- Vendor number

- Procurement plant (supplying plant):

- Quota column, enter the quota assigned to each item. 

Press ENTER . 

The percentage distribution of the quotas is calculated and displayed automatically by the system.

Save the quota arrangement.  The system assigns a number to the quota arrangement item automatically 

These details will come from PIR and from source list.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes an info record with the vendor is necessary for a quota arrangement

A prerequisite for a source list record or a quota arrangement item is an info record.

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Venu gopal,

1.In case if the quota is to be maintained for 2 different production versions,then creating info record or source list would not be required.

2.Only if a material is to be procured in different quota from different vendor's or if a material can be

produced in-house as well sub-contracted or externally procured then in those cases only quota

arranagement settings in MEQ1,source list in ME01,purchase Info record in ME11 would be required.

Check and revert back.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MM Experts

Hi  jurgen, tej yadav, kailas ugale, senthil kumar....please help me on this question...why we need to maintain inforecord or contract for quota arrangement.

Thanks Bijay and Mangalraj..iam checking your answers...will be agreat help thanks for replying.

Thanks

Venu

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not need an info record  or contract to able to create a quota arrangement.

But the quota arrangement itself only describes how the demand is distributed. There is no inforamation about a price for the materials. This price information is either in an inforecord or in a contract.

Hence for a complete order process with quota arrangement you need an info record or contract.

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Info record needed as material have MRP views and can have variable order sizes per vendor and also variable delivery times.System designed to recognise valid  source of supply for particular material from info records ONLY by serach where you have source list maintaioned with source as vendor or as contract which in turn contract not recognised as "sources of supply" and creates purchase requisition which picks data from info record.

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Thanks for your answer. this is a good point i am having good idea now why we require inforecord or contract. To work quota arrangement source list is mandatory?

Please explain.

Thank you

Venu

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not really, you have an indicator in material master  that has to be activated when you work with quota arrangments for source determination. Hence the MRP run knows that it has to check the quota.

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, Info record should be maintained to create quota arrangement but you try to have a contract (ME31K) instead of  Info record

The  quota arrangement steps are:

1.Select check box of Quota   arrangement in material master(MM01/MM02)

2.ME11- Info record

3.ME01- source list

4.MEQ1- create quota

5.ME51N- create PR

6.ME57-  Assign   and  Process Requisitions

Regards,

Biju K