Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule lines dates problem

former_member383831
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

When I run the T-Code: CO41 (Collective Conversion of Planned orders List) I got the start date 08.04.2012 and finish date 15.04.2012, but when I convert it to planned order to production order I the dates are changed and I got start date 25.04.2012 and finish date 26.04.2012.

Could you please explain why it is happening?

Why it is changing after conversion?

Thank you in advance

Regards

M.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark,

I will assume you are talking about Basic Start and Basic finish dates.

Planned orders are different objects from Production orders, and they serve different purposes.  Both are configured separately, and the bits of configuration and master data that are used to determine the dates are by design different.  It is common in most implementations that the dates will be different.

MRP usually (but not always) creates dates for planned orders based on 'in house production time'.  Production order dates are usually determined by scheduling parameters (OPU3) combined with the master data contained in the routing.

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member383831
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello DB49,

Could you please advise if it possible to change the setting  that the dates covers( be the same for planned and production orders?

In OPU3 i have such settings:

Scheduling type        3 Only capacity requirements

Start in the past        0                       

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark,

Could you please advise if it possible to change the setting  that the dates covers( be the same for planned and production orders?

Only under certain circumstances.  What parameter are you using for your MRP run under 'Scheduling'?

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member383831
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please consider two cases:

I have created manually  two planned orders for material X today 23.04.2012

First case : in house production time is 1. what i get is

Ord.finish         24.04.2012

Start                  23.04.2012

Plnd open.       23.04.2012

When I do CO41:

BasicDates

Finish        24.04.2012

Start           23.04.2012

Ok happy with it.

Now case 2   in house production time is 3

BasicDates

Ord.finish         26.04.2012

Plnd open.      23.04.2012

When i convert with CO40 I got

BasicDates

Finish        26.04.2012

Start           25.04.2012

Why 25 not 23?

former_member383831
Participant
0 Kudos

i did use

scheduling 1 Basic dates will be determined for planned orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark,

You are using two different methods to schedule; one for planned and a different one for production.  In MRP you are not using detailed scheduling during planned order creation, but in the production orders you are using detailed scheduling.

The two easiest solutions are:

1.  Run MRP with 'lead time scheduling' in lieu of 'Basic Dates'.  This will cause MRP to utilize the parameters in OPU5, which you have already determined is identical to the settings that are used for production orders (OPU3).

2.  Turn off Basic date adjustment in production orders. .OPU3 > under 'Adjust Dates', select one of the settings that includes 'Do not adjust basic dates'.  Or, you can turn off production order scheduling entirely.  OPU3 > Scheduling type > in an unmodified system, you would enter "3 - no scheduling".

There are advantages and disadvantages to any of these solutions.  Additionally, there are also ways to alter your routing so as to better emulate the results of a 'Basic Date' planned order.  There are also ways to manage MM master date to give your planned order basic date calculation a closer approximation of the dates that will be calculated during Production Order scheduling. 

As I said before, it is not typically considered to be 'business critical' to have all Basic dates for 'planned' exactly match all Basic Dates for 'production'.  I will assume that you have some critical need for this to happen, and that is why you are asking these questions.

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member383831
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello DG49,

But why when i did use inhouse production time 1 it is working fine?

Regards

M.

sundaresan_velayudam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First case : in house production time is 1. what i get is

Ord.finish         24.04.2012

Plnd open.       23.04.2012

When I do CO41:

BasicDates

Finish        24.04.2012

Start           23.04.2012

Ok happy with it.

during MRP run I guess, yiou have selected the basic date in planning mode

thats the reason system system taken the inhouse production time duing scheduling in plan order

But while converting system will read the routing again, since the lead tiem of the operation is 1 days system proposes the same( yiou can see the schedule start date and end date in operation details

Now case 2   in house production time is 3

BasicDates

Ord.finish         26.04.2012

Plnd open.      23.04.2012

When i convert with CO40 I got

BasicDates

Finish        26.04.2012

Start           25.04.2012

Why 25 not 23?

During Conversion, system will read the Routing again,

since in OPU3 you have maintained the backward scheduling

System taken teh requirement date as 26.04.2012 and given start date as 25.04.2012 by considering the routing time, what you have maintained,

Check in Operation detail, you can check the  start date and end date.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark,

But why when i did use inhouse production time 1 it is working fine?

Please study my last answer again..

You are currently using two different methods to calculate dates.  Currently, routing data is irrelevant for your planned order calculations.  In house production time is irrelevant for your production order calculations.  If you change the master data for one of the methods enough, you will eventually reach a point where both methods arrive at the same answer, even though they are calculated in different ways.

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member383831
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you very much.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This date change is due to below configuration settting:

1. Define sheduling parameters for planned order - This is for planned order (OPU5)

2. Define sheduling parameters for production order - This is for production order (OPU3)

In both the screen kinldy check field called 'Adjust date'. This field value should be different in your case, so you are getting this date change.

former_member383831
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have checked as you advise but bith in OPU5 and OPU3 the valuse are the same:

Adjust basic dates, adjust dep. reqmts to operation date

Could you please advise.

Kindly regards

M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope you have selected "1- Determination of basic dates" in scheduling control parameter when MRP run. Am I right?

former_member383831
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

It is :

Adjust basic dates, adjust dep. reqmts to operation date  in OPU5 and OPU3.

Regards

M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am asking in MD01/MD02 screen, what is the scheduling parameter selected when MRP run?

former_member383831
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes 1 is taking into consideration, but what influence does it has on production order types as far as i know it is for planned order creation.

Regards

M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Value 1 is for determination of basic dates for planned order. So system will consider the opening period, inhouse production time and GR processing time. In your case it is totally 8 days.

But when you convert planned order to production order, system will check the Sheduling parameter for production order. In the config,It is 'Adjust basic dates, adjust dep. reqmts to operation date'. So as per the routing operation time system is adjusting the basic dates of production order. This time system will consider float before and after production time and routing operation time.