Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error number 2147191858- error description the field name is not known

alpha_sow
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

I am using crystal report V11 and  just upgraded our Financial appilcation which is called IFS from sp3 to sp6 version, now our crystal report that we use to print checks is not working, when I try to print or preview the report from the application I am getting an error message with this here

(Error number 2147191858- error description the field name is not known) however when I open crystal report designer  on my local  machine I am able to run the report and print a check without any issue(no errors at all).

I did verify the database from cyrstal report and it says the database is up to date and I able to show the sql query and copy it and able to run it in sql plus without any errors.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Thank you for your help on this issue

Alpha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alpha_sow
Participant
0 Kudos

hello

I found what was causing the issue, first I am using an Oracle database V10. my CR is also XI and the issue was I had a sql.ini file in my runtime directory and that has a user name ifsapp, it was supposed to be an upper case like this IFSAPP instead of ifsapp.

Thx

alpha

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Moved your post to the Legacy SDK forum.I assume you are using the RDC ( craxdrt.dll ) ?

I also assume you are using CR XI R2A?

Need more info on who's DB Client you are using and version of the DB and Client?

How are you connecting, ODBC, OLE DB or CR's Native Oracle driver?

Don