cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using SAP GUI Scripting engine and experiencing 'slowness'

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an application that uses the SAP GUI Scripting Engine to locate controls on in a SAP application.   Our customers will run thier SAP application and our application will be running in the background.  Our application obtains an instance of the Active Session hangs on to this for the duration of the SAP application or the life of the Active Session.   The purpose of my application is to obtain values and positions of certain controls on the customer SAP application.  The customer experience is that at some point the interface to the SAP application will slow down to the point that the customer is waiting multiple seconds for a keystroke to respond.  As soon as they exit our application, their SAP application starts responding as usual.

Has anyone ever experienced this behavior?

Is there a solution?

Thanks,

Dan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

script_man
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

my suggestion would be to include some breaks in the application in the background. For example as folows:

wscript.sleep 5000    'wait for 5 seconds

Regards,

ScriptMan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I failed to mention that my application is written in C# and has multiple threads running.  I'm not quite sure where i would put a sleep.

I have since discovered from our customer that they are only experiencing this on Windows XP and not on Windows 7.