Did you mean: 

Portal 7.3 upgrade fails during phase DEPLOY_ONLINE_SHD_DM_DLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am
working with a NW7.3 Upgrade and I get stuck during the preprocessing step on
phase DEPLOY_ONLINE_SHD_DM (picture 1). I am receiving an error message
complaining about custom developed components.

“Item is skipped because of failed deployment of item 'customer.com_app~desepdk' and
because the applied error strategy is OnErrorStop”.

I can
clearly see that it stops because of the dependency to customer.com_app~desepdk'
but how should I solve this problem? At the moment we have a developer doing
changes so the component can be build with the new Java 1.6 but this desepdk is
an old component and are not in use anymore so I can’t understand why it stops.

Is thisstep related to the option you do earlier in the upgrade process configuration
step phase “Target Release Components” (Picture 2)?

Is it possible to skip this step and redeploy the custom components when you have
finished the upgrade of standard components?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kiruthika_s
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly check the Note 1678889 - NW7.3 Upgrade: Error in DEPLOY_ONLINE_SHD_DM

The DEPLOY_ONLINE_SHD_DM phase Error gives points which ear under the .../portal/workingDir/portal folder failed. You can:
1- open the EAR file;
2- open the WAR file inside the WEB-INF/lib or WEB-INF/private/lib
    folder;
3- Locate the jar file of size 0;
4- Remove it;

It might happen to other converted content to not be able to be deployed on the new 7.3 system because the deployment mechanism of 7.3 is much more restrictive than the previous versions. If you encounter
more issues with the DEPLOY_ONLINE_SHD_DM phase with regards to converted applications from the .../portal/workingDir/portal you can put them aside, moving to another backup folder for example, and continue with the upgrade to later analyze if they are really needed on the 7.3 system. These applications can be deployed later when the server is up and running.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Kiruthika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank
you for the reply and the solution of the problem. This was already done and
the upgrade was completed a couple of weeks ago.

Best
regards

Daniel
Jadeholt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Have got the same issue while upgrading 7.0 to 7.3, Kindly help me in sorting the same.

As mentioned above i tried to locate the ear file for the below error but not available.

Is it like checking in all ear files present?

gerImpl [Thread[main,5,main]]: Deployment finished with error. See Deploy Controller log /usr/sap/trans/SUM/java/log/deploy_ap

i.0.log for details.

Dec 2, 2012 10:40:39 AM [Error]:                                                 com.sap.sdt.j710.deploymentmgr.DeploymentMana

gerImpl [Thread[main,5,main]]: Deployment of archive /usr/sap/trans/SUM/java/data/patches/ADSSAP05_0-10008282.SCA for componen

t sap.com/ADSSAP is rejected because deployment of other component it depends on is rejected

Dec 2, 2012 10:40:39 AM [Error]:                                                 com.sap.sdt.j710.deploymentmgr.DeploymentMana

gerImpl [Thread[main,5,main]]: Detailed message:

1. Already deployed component has version:1000.7.30.5.0.20111002163600

2. Item is skipped because of failed deployment of item 'sap.com_tc~lm~itsam~lmr~app' and because the applied

error strategy is OnErrorStop

gerImpl [Thread[main,5,main]]: Deployment of archive /usr/sap/trans/SUM/java/data/patches/AJAXRUNTIME05_0-10008281.SCA for com

ponent sap.com/AJAX-RUNTIME is rejected because deployment of other component it depends on is rejected

gerImpl [Thread[main,5,main]]: Detailed message:

1. Already deployed component has version:1000.7.30.5.0.20111002163600

2. Item is skipped because of failed deployment of item 'sap.com_tc~lm~itsam~lmr~app' and because the applied

error strategy is OnErrorStop

Dec 2, 2012 10:40:40 AM [Error]:                                                 com.sap.sdt.j710.deploymentmgr.DeploymentMana

gerImpl [Thread[main,5,main]]: Deployment of archive /usr/sap/trans/SUM/java/data/patches/BASETABLES05_0-10007973.SCA for comp

onent sap.com/BASETABLES is rejected because deployment of other component it depends on is rejected

regards

Mani.