cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FI to COPA posting - Sign behaviour

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is regarding FI to COPA posting. I have a cost element/GL 523000 with category 11. F-02 is used to post this GL with a credit entry say $5000. The transaction is passed to COPA in a value field VV110. COPA takes this as positive though it is a credit entry in FI. I am also using the same value field to post the related admin costs say $10000, which again positive value. When I bring this value field in KE30, it shows a net of $15000 whereas it is supposed to show $5000 ($10000Dr - $5000Cr).

To solve this, I can have two value fields and manipulate in KE30. But, I would like to know if there is any straight forward solution.

Thanks,

Kannan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is a challenge to monitor the signs that flow into COPA. Everything is positive by default and only at the reporting, we need to control by paying detailed attention to make a meaningful report.  With that, I presume you will need to resort to two value fields. A similar view is also presented in by Mitresh http://media.techtarget.com/searchSAP/downloads/Signs_in_COPA.pdf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks. Resolved by creating two value fields.

- Kannan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

venkatasatyakrishna_achan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

its perfect, category 11 cr will be positive value and dr will be negative value in copa value fields.

category 1 dr will positive and credit will be negative.

in your case the net effect will be positive if u dont maintain separate value fields. since both are positive.

you have to maintain separate value fields only no other solution for this

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have resolved by creating tow value fields.

Thanks,

Kannan